Abdominal Reconstruction

I have had 7 previous abdominal surgeries. Last one was in January of 2011. Hernia is back but worse. I would like to look into Abdominal Wall reconstruction with separation. Would it be best to also work with a plastic surgeon for a tummy tuck? I have read things that with the two, re-occurring rates go down.

Abdominal Reconstruction

+2

The Component Separation Technique was described by Dr. Oscar Ramirez, a Plastic Surgeon (formerly outside of Baltimore, now in Boca Raton).  Many Plastic surgeon trained completely in General Surgery before training in Plastic Surgery and perform this procedure.

Having had 7 incisions on your tummy may make a safe tummy tuck impossible and you SHOULD consult a Plastic surgeon before an 8th incision is placed to learn your option. The surgeon would also be able to guide you as to how he would tackle your recurrence and which General surgeon, if any he works with.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter A Aldea