Abdominal Muscle Pain After Breast Augmentation

I had tubular breast correction and implants put in two months ago. After two days I had a haematoma on the left breast and was corrected by surgery. Now, when I try to stretch back I can't stretch completely and feel some pain on my left oblique abdominal muscle.

When stretching back it feels like a tight tendon that's about to snap if I stretch further (starting just under my left breast, where the drain tube had gone in for the surgery, and travels down about 10 cm. Right side is fine. What do you think it is?

Breast augmentation and abdominal pain

+2

This does indeed sound like Mondor's disease, and will resolve with rest, gentle massage of the affected area, and use of an anti-inflammatory medication such as Motrin or Aleve. Good luck and best wishes.

Mondor`s disease or pin due to something else?

+2

In my experience when I observe Mondor‚ÄĚs disease after breast augmentation, I typically note that it occurs or becomes obvious between 3-6 weeks after surgery. And it has resolved in every instance. Your situation sounds as if it occurred after this period and so it could be due to another source of fibrosis such as the hematoma. What happens in the next month is very important. If it is due to scarring, it will likely resolve and get softer. If it does not it could be a sign of capsular contracture and you may want to consider the off label use of Accolate after discussion with your surgeon. and

Mondor's Disease / Cord VS Early Capsular Contraction

+2

I agree with Dr. Rand. You most likely have Mondor's disease / cord which should resolve with NSAIDS (Motrin, Alleve), massage and local heat. Alternatively it may be an early presentation of capsular contracture and it would not hurt to start yourself on Vitamin E which as been anecdotally used to help relax tight scars, including breast contractures.

Dr. P. Aldea

Mondor's band after breats augmentation

+2

You have described a classic case of a Mondor's band which is a harmless swollen lymphatic channel.  Massage, Motrin and stretching will resolve it without surgery. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Pain rare after breast augmentation.

+1

Hi.

The other doctors who answered you may well be right, but I am not convinced. You don't describe a cord, and it has been two months since your breast implants. You need a through evaluation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)