Want True Six Pack Abs, As Close As a Woman Can Get

my ultimate goal is to have abs-i want definition between the muscles in my stomach a true six pack or as close as a woman can get to a six pack. I used to have this 2 years ago when i was at 10% body fat, i dont want my body fat to be that low again for abs, if i get Vaser on my upper,lower, and obliques and then once im healed bust my butt in the gym to work my abs is that a possiblity-or is there something that would prevent this because of the surgery.thanks

You need to see a board certified/eligible plastic surgeon that is experienced in body contouring!

+4

Thanks for your question. The Vaser® is a form of liposuction that employs pulsed, low level ultrasound to break apart the fat cells. This allows the surgeon to use smaller instrumentation that allows for finer artistic sculpting, especially when performing abdominal-etching.

However, not all plastic surgeons use the Vaser® and can achieve comparable results with other methods. So, the most important factor is not the medical device but rather the surgeon and his/her artistic skills. I would recommend that you see a board certified/eligible plastic surgeon that is experienced in body contouring, specifically some method of liposuction. I hope you find this helpful!

Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Six pack abs from liposuction may be possible

+4

Yes, it is possible that you can achieve this by using Vaser to thin the overall layer of fat throughout the upper and lower abdomen. However, it is also possible that you may develop minor irregularities (rippling or waves from liposuction). If liposuction removes excessive fat, you can develop areas of adherence that may detract from the appearance of the abdomen.

In some instances, "hi-def" liposuction or lipo-etching can be used to create the appearance of a six pack but I generally discourage people from undergoing this procedure. If your weight changes subsequent to the procedure, it can produce an altered apperance which does not maintain the six pack look.

Six pack abs can be achieved with liposuction and hard work

+3

One can achieve 'six pack' abs on their own if they are able to get their body fat content low enough. Some patients, however, require some assistance with liposuction. Etching can be performed, but can also leave unacceptable depressions and scarring.

Sanjay Grover, MD

Vaser and six pack abs

+2

Vaser liposuction can improve the contour of your abdomen and there are some "tricks" that can give you that washboard abdomen.

Need realistic expectations for liposuction.

+2

Hi.

Your plan does not sound realistic, and may not even be healthy. You can get a lot of contour improvement with liposuction, but there are real limitations. I am afraid you will be disappointed.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Liposuction will help create six pack abs

+2

A careful liposuction of the abdominal area could enhance the borders of the rectus muscle (6 packs), and recreate the healthy looking midline depression observed in a healthy abdomen. The key in liposuction is what you leave behind and not what you take out!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Possible to get six pack abs from Lipo

+2

The result you are seeking is possible and depends on your surgeon's skill rather than the kind of liposuction. This is possible with laser lipo, vaser lipo, or traditional liposuction.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Vaser technology CAN give you a six pack

+1

Hi there-

In men and women who are already fairly fit but want improved muscular definition, particular techniques using the VASER allow excellent improvement.

The best way for you to know if you are a candidate is to visit with a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery who has a lot of experience doing this (ask to see photos and make sure the photos you are shown are actually that surgeon's patients).

Armando Soto, MD