Is Abdominal Massage Safe 21 Weeks Post Abdominoplasty?

I am 21 weeks post abdominoplasty/lipo. I still have swelling from belly button down. (Although, it is not obvious to anyone looking at me) After I have been sitting, I have a pulling sensation in my lower abdomen and bilateral groin area. It has been suggested that I try massage but I am worried that it could cause more problems like a seroma. In your experience have you seen negative outcomes with abdominal massage?

Abdominal Massage Safe after Tummy Tuck Healing

+1

Tips on final Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty swelling resolution:
Therapeutic or "lymphatic massage" may be helpful following  Tummy Tuck with Liposuction  to minimize swelling but not all plastic surgeons recommend it nor is it Mandatory. It should be safe to do this after 6 weeks in those with uneventful healing.  Endermologie is also very helpful after liposculpture/liposuction areas  but again, not critical.  Although deep tissue massage following tummy tuck or  liposuction can aid in smoothing out  contour irregularities that invariably accompany this procedure it has limited effect on the final outcome and  is NOT mandatory. Some plastic surgeons recommend it to all  patients as they feel the edema resolves faster.  Ask your surgeon to show you or a significant other how to do this if cost is an issue. Typically they will have you massage toward areas of maximum lymphatic drainage ( for example groin or armpits)

Abdominal massage for prolonged swelling after tummy tuck surgery

+1

I am an advocate of abdominal massage for prolonged swelling after tummy tuck surgery. I believe the manual lymphatic drainage technique is excellent.