Abdominal Liposuction Revision - Too Soon?

My plastic surgeon wants to remove more fat from abdominal liposuction he just performed 2 1/2 months ago. Is this too soon? I am wondering if there are any safety concerns with having a revision done so soon after the first surgery.

When to revise a liposuction.

+2

There is no magic number, but we wait 4-6 months depending how the tissue feels. Waiting longer has no downside.

Lipo revision

+1

I would advise waiting up to six months. Photos would be nice. A second opinion would not be out of order with another board certified plastic surgeon.

Richard Linderman, MD

Repeat liposuction at 2 1/2 months.

+1

IF this is a new area that should not be a problem., However, if it is in the same area, I would typically wait 3-4 months or for the area to soften and become more supple. Ifj this has happened, I would not object to liposuction at 2 1/w months.

How long should I wait before secondary liposuction of the abdomen?

+1

My advice is to wait 6 months, as the tissue will be softer and easier to liposuction.  Before 6 months, the tissues are still swollen and stiff and will make liposuction more difficult.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction revision

+1

many physicians wait 3 to six months after liposuction before revision. If there is something that is majorly in need of revision, and the surgeon believes strongly that it will not improve significantly, than shortly before three months might be appropriate to perform a revision after liposuction.

Ronald Shelton, MD