Does Getting Abdominal Liposuction Preclude Getting Facial Fat Grafting Later?

I'm slender and quite athletic, but want to get liposuction to the abs and perhaps flanks to gain further definition. But I do not want to preclude getting facial fat transfer later. I have enough far elsewhere I think (thighs, etc.). Does the lipo limit the possibilities for facial fat grafting?

Liposuction on one area will not prevent you from having fat injections later

+1
There usually is enough fat to harvest from remaining areas or even from the liposuctioned sites to utilize in fat grafting.

Fat grafting

+1

If you already need fat grafting then do both the liposuction and the fat grafting to the face at the same time. If yourquestion is for the future then the amount of fat needed and the amount of fat you can donate to you will have to be assessed at that time.

Most of the time one can find enough fat even in slim patients to transfer to the face.

Abdominal Liposuction will NOT preclude you from having Facial grafting in the future

+1

Most westerners have enough fat to spare. Abdominal liposuction can easily be done since many of us still have fat along the hips and thighs which can be used to graft and add volume to the face.

There is always fat around

+1

Fat is abundant. You will always have it. If you were thinking of a fat transfer in the future, that doesn't mean you need not undergo any liposuction to the area. By all means, go ahead. The plastic surgeon WILL find fat around, unless you were completely emaciated.

Dubai Dermatologist

Abdominal liposuction can be combined with fat grafting

+1

A fat grafting procedure uses a special liposuction technique to procure fat for grafting to the face, breast and other regions. It is reasonable to combine a comprehensive liposuction procedure and facial or breast fat grafting procedure together. However, if you want to stage them, ask your plastic surgeon if your liposuction procedure should be limited to certain areas to conserve graftable fat. Depending on how much fat graft the surgeon anticipates needing for your face (sometimes 30-40 cc of good quality fat is required, including fat for touch-up injections later on), you might consider not treating your thighs or flanks. Assuming you are not extremely thin already, enough fat for facial fat grafting can usually be obtained from the thighs or flanks. Much higher volumes of fat graft are required for breast augmentation and other body contouring procedures.

Liposuction modalities using heat (laser, Vaser or ultrasound) do create scarring, and may make subsequent liposuction procedures more difficult. Keep this in mind when you schedule your liposuction procedure.

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/fat_injection.php