Abdominal Hernia Above Belly Button.

I had laser lipo 3 months ago. I noticed this lump above my belly button...i went back to my surgeon and he said its a hernia. he told me to wait a few more months before doing the hernia surgery. Is it necessary to fix the hernia? or if left alone will there be complications.

Belly button hernia

+2

Your surgeon can best make the diagnosis by examination. The decision to fix an umbilical hernia depends on many factors, to include whether you have symptoms from it or not. It's wise to discuss the pros and cons of fixing it after having an exam and diagnosis to help you make a decision.

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon