Abdominal Fat Reduction for Thin, Healthy Women?

I'm 52 years old, 5'6",and weigh 137lbs. I work with a personal trainer twice per week. I wear size 4-6 in fitted brands. I have abdominal and hip fat that is unattractive. If I lose more weight to get rid of the belly fat, I will lose weight every where, legs, butt, arms...areas I don't need to lose weight in. I would just like a thinner profile through the middle without losing more weight in my butt, legs, arms, etc. What is the best option?

Liposuction in a 52 year old.

+2

At 5' 6" and 137 lbs you are thin, but is there fat in your tummy or loose skin? Or maybe a little of both. Without examining you, it is difficult to recommend liposuction to you or a tummy tuck. This depends on your skin laxity and the amount of tightening that can predictably occur. I have a Smart Lipo Triplex system and have been happy with the skin tightening it achieves but it is not a substitute to abdominoplasty when this is indicated. Studies have shown that Smart Lipo Triplex achieves as much as 25% more skin tightening than traditional liposuction. Similarly, your hip fat or muffin top will likely respond to liposuction and I recommend Smart Lipo there. There have been improvements in the technology with the newest Triplex system but the best recommendation I can give you is to see board certified plastic surgeons with a good expertise in these devices. It is more important to choose the right doctor!

Reduce tummy and hip fat

+2

Thank you for your question about reducing excess fat on your abdomen and hips. Congratulations on being trim and fit! Liposuction is your best option  -

• Liposuction changes contour permanently.
  • Hips and abdomen are the two common areas women want treated, 
  • Standard liposuction with microaire equipment works well. Expensive laser liposuction does not improve results in my opinion,
  • Liposuction should be a speedy, affordable and permanent solution.
  • Best wishes!

Liposuction for Stubborn Areas

+1

Stubborn areas of fat are amenable to liposuction and this may be the right procedure for you.  However, skin laxity or muscle laxity or intraabdominal fat may be an issue as well.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuctions each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

You are typical patient- you are not alone!

+1

From your description, you are a typical patient and there are certainly ways to help.  If your skin is good with adequate elasticity, then you are likely a good liposuction candidate for refining your shape.  If working out is important to you and you don't want the down-time associated with surgery, it sounds as though you are an ideal CoolSculpting candidate- freeze the fat and it will improve the shape in the area of treatment without having to take any time off from your active lifestyle.

Web reference: http://www.santabarbaraliposuction.com

Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Stubborn fat around midsection

+1

Likely, you would be a candidate for liposuction, but an examination would be required to definitively state this.  Depending on your skin elasticity, it may not contract fully after liposuction.  If you are left with loose skin, then perhaps a mini-tummy tuck would subsequently take care of the loose skin.  The best advise for you is to get a face to face consultation with an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified surgeon.  Perhaps half of all liposuction performed in the U.S. is done so by non-plastic "plastic surgeons", so do your homework by checking out the doctors your interested in on RealSelf, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons or the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery websites.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1

Liposuction is best for normal weight individuals with localized bulges of fat. Most skilled plastic surgeons should be able to help you.

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal fat reduction

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say what would be best for you. I have done liposuction on some women at your age but the skin may get looser.  If your muscles are the issue or you have an intraperitoneal fatty component then the fat can't be addressed but the muscles may need tightening( i.e tummy tuck).. Best to be seen for exam.

Localized fat deposits

+1

Of course, it's hard to say with seeing you, but you might be a candidate for either liposuction or CoolSculpting.

Liposcution sounds like a reasonable option.

+1

Without photos, it is hard to tell if liposuction will be the correct procedure for you.  However, if it is a problem area, and you are in relatively good shape with reasonable skin tone, liposuction is perfect for those types of problems. 

Best regards,

Dr. Smith

HELLO FIRST WE ALL SHOULD KNOW THAT LIPOSUCTION IS NOT FOR EVERYONE , IT SHOULD BE DONE IN PATIENTS WITH VERY STRICT PARAMETERS

+1

Patients seeking liposuction should take in consideration that they should be less than 25 years of age, no stretch marks, no loose skin, no loose muscles, no hernias, no massive weigh lose, no excess of skin, no previous surgery, sometimes we want to o lipo in some patients who are not candidates and the results are terrible ( no matter the technique ) so if you really thinking about doing something to your abdomen do a nice abdominoplasty and with your strong muscles we can get you a beautiful, thin waist line. 

Sincerely Dr. Eduardo Gongora (Rosarito Mexico)

Mexico Plastic Surgeon