What abdominal exercises can I do before a tummy tuck to aid a smooth recovery?

I have a 4cm diastasis and possible umbilical hernia. I am 41 years old, 135 lb., 5'2". I've had 4 kids- 3 of them were 9lb and 2 were c-section delivery. I've looked at least 4 months pregnant for the past 3 years.

+1
There are no specific exercises to do prior to surgery. You should be in good health, eat healthy, get your weight to a stable point and start an overall exercise program to improve your overall health, not just the abdomen. Be careful with the umbilical hernia if it is large enough it may cause problems with abdominal exercises. Don't try to loose weight for the surgery and gain it back again afterwards. Try to achieve a weight you can maintain long term. I discuss weight issues with my patients prior to surgery, I recommend trying to be with in 5 -10 pounds of a goal weight you can maintain long term.

Web reference: http://plasticsurgerysacto.com/cosmetic-surgery/body-contouring/

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Preop Care

+1
There aren't any particular abdominal exercises that are recommended prior to to a tummy tuck.  The most important tip is to lose as much weight as possible prior to surgery to optimize your results.  However, you want to lose the weight with a good diet and exercise.  Would healing is important in your recovery so you don't want to be malnourished prior to surgery.