Abdominal Etching After Liposuction?

I want a six-pack abs after my first Liposuction. I first got my awesome lipo to fix a spare tire. I have since moved to the Fort Wayne area lost 20 lbs and would like to now get some ab etching to finish up my look.

I want to further contour my body to be athletic and sexy and rock in a swim suit! I would like to explore the possibilities of breast enhancement and getting a six-pack cut abdominal area.

Is this possible, and what doctors in the Fort Wayne (and surrounding) area are artists with body contouring?

I would do the liposculpting and the breast augmentation separately

+2

To get the liposculpting like you want I would do it separately from the breast enhancement surgery since you most likely will be under general anesthesia for the breast surgery and should be under local only for the abdominal work. I'm not aware of any noteworthy liposculpting surgeons in the Fort Wayne area but there may be some. Good Luck!

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Here are some tips...

+1
Many thanks for the question. 
Modified abdominal etching includes thinning the abdominal fat pad, etching in the linea albe (the vertical crease above the belly button), etching the linea semilunaris (the soft lateral or outside edge of the rectus muscle). Full abdominal etching also adds the horizontal transverse inscriptions that make the six pack. Here are some tips for abdominal etching :
  1. Keep your incision scars low so that it is hidden in the smallest bathing suit
  2. Have your surgeon use Xeralto or Lovenox to reduce your risk of blood clots
  3. Use incrimental compression garments during and after surgery to reduce risk of leg blood clots
  1. The surgeon places the marks when you are standing and abdominal muscles are flexed
  2. I prefer power assisted liposuction but there are a few talented surgeons using Vaser
  3. Your surgeon gently shape your abdominal flap to create a more athletic appearance and muscular contour
  4. Etching is aggressive fat removal to enhance six pack grooves
  5. Foam padding is used in the etched areas to improve the early results
  6. Begin post operative massage one to two weeks after surgery to speed recovery
  7. Begin with a board certified plastic surgeon and visit several offices
  8. Choose a surgeon with good experience, doing more than 100 per year
  9. Internet discussions do not replace the advice of your physician

Henry Mentz, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal etching

+1

To achieve abdominal etching, it really depends upon how you appear prioir to the procedure.  If you are very thin, sometimes this can be brought out.

Abdominal etching after Liposuction

+1

Dear Tina,

I have an opinion completely divergent from the last one posted.

Just because a Beverly Hills dermatologist does know of ''any noteworthy liposculpting surgeons in the Fort Wayne area'" does NOT mean that there are none there. Personally, I seriously doubt that the mere planting of one's office in zip code 90210 somehow magically imparts a dermatologist or a Plastic surgeon either "noteworthiness" or other here-to unrealized magical surgical powers.

Secondly, your wish to have great liposuction with a breast augmentation is a very reasonable one - but obviously one that cannot be delivered by a dermatologist.

More of a reason for you to find a board certified Plastic surgeon in the Fort Wayne area who could do BOTH well without subjecting you to two procedures needlessly.

Tina, all you have to do is consult the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (www.PlasticSurgery.org) for Plastic surgeons in the Fort Wayne area. Go see several of them, ask to see their pictures and speak to previous patients and I guarantee you will find you " noteworthy liposculpting surgeons" and save yourself a needless trip to LALA land and a lot of money for similar if not better results.

Hope this was helpful.