Is Abdomen + Love Handles $4850 a "fair" price for Liposuction?

Is Abdomen + Love Handles $3900 and Anesthesia $950 = $4850 a "fair" price for Liposuction?

Liposuction pricing

+1
without photos it is hard to give you an opinion of what I would charge but the short answer is yes it seems to be within the range we would charge.

Liposuction- area and cost estimate

+1
I think this sounds like a price that is in the normal range.  Much depends on the amount and time of liposuction planned as this can alter the cost quite a bit.

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

+1
Liposuction of the abdomen and flanks cost $4100, which includes the experienced, Board Certified Professional Fee, Board Certified Anesthesia Fee, and AAAASF accredited, Medicare Approved Surgicenter fee. Compare and contrast surgeons, anesthesiologists, facility, and results. Hope this helps.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction price

+1
It would all depend on the length of the procedure but would be within the norm.  I would focus on whether the facility is accredited by the Joint Commission and also whether the anesthesia will be provided by a nurse anesthetist or a board certified anesthesiologist.  In NY, where malpractice and overhead are higher, it would possibly be more.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

+1
I think that liposuctioning those areas is fairly common and that sounds reasonable as a price.

No price is a fair price if the results suck

+1
If you are looking only at the price and don't care about quality, then the $4850 is a great price. Usually quality results for abd/love handles run much more in the range of $5,500-8000. If the doc is doing your lipo under local  tum. anesthesia with micro canulas, then that is a super great price. If he/she is doing it under general, using bigger canulas or are using the laser to do it then that is too high since those methods tend to give so-so to poorer results and are therefore cheaper. You need to feel comfortable with your doc and that means a lot. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon