Ab Fluid After 3 Weeks of Abdominoplasty/lipo? (photo)

Hello, im 28 years old.Had abdominoplasty (mini) and 8 part and full lypo on my love handles. I'm concerned about the hardness of my skin around my abs. I still feel the liquid in. Started exercise 2 days ago . Walking half an hour. Do the pics looks normal ?? Need some advise. Someone suggested lymphatic massages. What should i be eating? I like to work out alot and for now can't do any of that.

Fluid Collection Concerns after Male Tummy Tuck

+1

After liposuction and a mini tummy tuck, the most common complication is fluid collection.  This needs to be ruled out by your plastic surgeon or confirmed and drained.  After this is done, I recommend compression garments and not exercising until 6 weeks.  You should ask your plastic surgeon what is recommended.  Kenneth Hughes, MD male tummy tuck Los Angeles, CA

Ab Fluid After 3 Weeks after TT

+1

From your description and the looks of the photo suspect you have a fluid collection which would need to be addressed, either by needle aspiration or by drain placement. If I am right, the contour will look much better right away. As to the other questions, all surgeons have their own protocols based upon what was done at surgery, so I would address those to your surgeon.

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Fluid collection after lipo/tummy tuck

+1

If you have significant fluid collection of your lower abdomen, then you need to have it drained. If it's just tissue swelling then lymphatic drainage massage is very helpful. Talk to your surgeon about the extent of your workout/exercise regimen.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS