Now AA Cup, Will a 325cc Give Me a FULL B?

I'm currently a AA super small and want a Full B cup. Today I went to try out different sizes. I chose the 325...will that give me. Full b cup bra size? My width is 14 across I believe for each breast.

Implant choices

+2

It is hard to predict cup size from the implant volume chosen because the bra manufacturers are very variable in terms of sizing.  In all likelihood a 325 cc implant will give you at least a "B" or a decent "C".

Breast Implants Cup Sizes

+2

First of all, cup sizes are an inaccurate way to communicate because they vary between manufacturers. This is perhaps the hardest decision for me and the patient to make. Therefore, I use wide variety of methods, but the implant size is always established preoperatively. Patients are advised to bring reference photos demonstrating their ideal size and shape. A photo album of hundreds of past patient photos is maintained to assist them. My website has over five thousand patient photos. These photos ultimately help in determining where the implants will be placed, since they can be shifted inside (to provide more cleavage), to the outside, up or superiorly, and down or inferiorly during surgery. In determining the final size selection I always place the highest priority on the preoperative measurements and potential tissue cover. Then, the patient’s verbal requests are factored into the analysis. Cup size estimates can be misleading, as I  mentioned, but I generally advise patients that they will experience an increase of approximately one cup size per 200 cc.

During consultation, patient photos were taken, transferred instantaneously to the computer with photo card, printed, and analyzed. Each patient tries on multiple sizers with a bra, under a thin t-shirt. Most preoperative consultations last about two hours. The profile of the implant - low, medium, or high - is secondary, while the implant diameter vis-à-vis the diameter of the breasts is primary. In this way, I work backward with each of the patients, beginning with an analysis of each patient’s measurements, such that the profile of the implant was determined secondarily after the size was chosen. Approximately 50 cc (1-2 oz.) is added to the final volume to account for flattening of the implant in the partial submuscular pocket. All the best, "Dr. Joe"

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Now 'AA' cup, will a 325cc give me a FULL 'B'?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Implant Selection process

+1

The 325 should put you in a full B or small C range.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

What size will 325cc give you?

+1

You know best as you were the one trying on the implants. If you liked the look of 325cc then it is your overall proportion that is important. I don't know if that is going to make you, for example, a 36B or a 34C. A 325 is a 325. Pick the implant size that you like and get professionally measured for bras after the surgery.  I wouldn't get hung up on a specific cup.

Many women ask for a full B or a small C. Well, which is it? It's up to you. If you ask your plastic surgeon for size that is between a B and a C, then it may be difficult for you to find a bra that fits after surgery...B's too small and C's too big.  Plus, different bra manufacturers have different cup sizes and shapes just like shoe companies do. You have to try them on.  Pick the implant you like and get measured for bras after. You can always go back and look at the implants again before surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Choosing a breast implant to fill a specific bra.

+1

Communication with your plastic surgeon is key - as your surgeon it is our job to guide you to a safe and aesthetic result based upon your individual anatomy.  Your measurements should give your surgeon a range of implant sizes that would be acceptable for your body.  From here you can work with your surgeon to pick the size you like.  My best suggestion is to buy that "full B" bra that you want to fill and recheck your sizing.  The sizing is very similar to the shape and size you will be after surgery.  Be aware that a B bra varies between manufacturer and by band size ie. 32B vs 36B.

Della C. Bennett, MD
Riverside Plastic Surgeon

325 cc implant

+1

Many factors contribute to the final cup size.  Patients frequently ask if an implant size coresponds to a cup size.  Unfortunately, the final cup size may differ from one patient to the next depending on these many factors.  Choosing the right implant size is important.  So make sure you have good communication with your surgeon.  

David Bray, Jr, MD

How to pick breast implants.

+1

Hi.  325 cc's is in the right range, but read this article.  Good luck!

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Implant size and cup size

+1

Implant size alone will not determine the cup size that you will ultimately be following surgery. There are many other factors that play a role such as your chest size and configuration, breast volume, implant configuration, skin envelope tightness, implant position and proprietary factors of the bra manufacturer.

You should see a reputable board certified plastic surgeon and discuss exactly what you are looking for including general proportionality or lack thereof. Photos can be helpful.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

If I had xxxcc Breast Implants would give me a "Full C" Bra Cup?

+1

I appreciate your dilemma. Unfortunately, it is shared by millions of women. Unlike all other industries, there is no standardization when it comes to bra cup sizing; since xxxcc cup size is NOT a full C in every bra on the market you can never rely on implant volumes to deliver /Produce breasts which would fit those dimension bras in different manufacturers. 

You have already taken the most important step in getting a great Brest augmentation results; You picked a good Plastic surgeon who did a careful examination of your breast and chest and picked an implant which fits your chest wall and would be covered by your present breast tissue. 

If your surgeon had a Canfield VECTRA 3D imaging  system you could SEE how you could look with every breast implant from 360 degrees. There is no better way to see what each implant old look like IN your breasts and it bears "talking cup sizes" hands down.

Good luck

peer A Aldea, MD