A Little to Thin for Butt Augumentation, I Dont Want Implants: What Are my Options? - New York, NY

I've been looking for a doctor who has done butt injections before, my friend had done it in late 2010; her butt looks great but I heard its illegal now. If a doctor tells me im too thin for butt augumentation, would he or she provide me with a weight gaining procedure ? i dont really want a huge butt but i want to be a size 7-8 because i want my legs to look thicker. I've heard with these procedures you gain weight and my goal is to be atleast 125 =] . i need answers !! thank you!

Too Thin for a Brazilian Buttlift

+1

Before you rule out the Brazilian buttlift due to lack of fat concerns, get an exam by someone who performs them all the time.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Butt augmentation

+1

Dear ysantiago,

There are 3 methods to enlarge the butt.  Direct injection of synthetic material, fat injection and silicone implants. The 1st one is not recommended due to possible infection and foreign body reaction that are very difficult to treat and solve. The 2nd one is ideal if it survives, however the fat completely or almost completely disappear after 1 year. The last option is the best because the implant does not disappear, it is very soft silicone that feels and looks natural. There are different anatomical placements of the implants and different shapes.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon that had done a lot of butt implants and can show you a large number of before and after pictures that are to your liking.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Too thin for buttock augmentation - consider implants

+1

Extremely thin patients may have too little fat to make fat grafting a viable alternative. Buttock implants have a somewhat higher rate of complications such as infection but are a reasonable alternative. Do not get filler injections of the buttocks. There can be severe complications of infection and skin loss.

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Butt Augmentation in Thin Women

+1

In my experience, it is rare to find a woman who is really "too thin" for buttock augmentation with her own fat. She may, however, be too thin to get the result she wants. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in BBL to determine if you are a candidate and what type of result is realistic in you.  Do Not, I repeat DO NOT ever ever ever get butt injections. They are illegal, unsafe, and can cause permanent disfigurement and even death. Some of these problems can occur years later.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Buttock augmentation options

+1

Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection. Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you gain weight for the procedure, the fat that you lose first when you go back down to your baseline weight after surgery is in fact that fat that you originally gained and transferred into your buttocks...so don't fall victim to this recommendation.  Although using your own fat is relatively safe, the one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This can also happen when using fillers like PMMA and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high tendency to migrate away from the original area they were placed and tend to stimulate a lot of inflammation and subsequent scar tissue/hardening.

Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice). I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a single 2 ½ inch long incision over the tailbone (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle. Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure. And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to ~5%. Hope this helps…RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD

Am I too thin for the BBL?

+1

In order to be certain whether or not you are a candidate for the BBL you need to be examined. If you are deemed too thin you can also be informed as to how much weight you may need to gain as well as what may be the best foods to help you gain weight. Please note that buttock augmentation using fat transfer is the safest technique of buttock enhancement. You must not consider any type of buttock injections which are illegal and dangerous to your health.

George Lefkovits, MD