Am I a Suitable Candidate for a Tummy Tuck in Terms of Being a Low, Medium, or High Risk?

Hi I am 4 foot three thirty kg healthy mommy with two children who I had with a c section I am fit and healthy a non smoker or drinker have a 5cm divarification of tummy muscles and midline buldge with very little with very little outer fat, I have been told my abdominal contents close to surface and thin skin tissue have been schedueduled for tummy tuck. Have conflicting opinions on the risks involved to me with healing skin necrosis ect.Very unhappy with disproportionate tummy to my size

Tummy tuck risk

+1

In your history, you have not mentioned anything that would contra indicate surgery.  However, we need your complete medical history including previous surgeries.  Your height and weight seems appropriate.  A c-section is not a contra indication and non-smoking is definitely desirable.  I expect you to have thin subcutaneous tissue because you are thin.  This does not increase the risk of tummy tuck.  From what you have decribed you seem to be at a low risk for a tummy tuck.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Suitable Candidate for Tummy tuck criteria

+1

The quick  answer is that I think you would probably be a good candidate and relatively low risk for surgery. Of course an exam would be most important to determine your risk or at least photos from various views. A C-Section history does not put you at increased risk. What I can tell you is that by your description you do not have the major factors that we most often look for that increase your risk such as obesity, unstable weight, diabetes, bleeding or clotting disorders, smoker, or patient that does not exercise, etc.. Make sure you go to a board certified plastic surgeon to be in safe hands

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Tummy Tuck Risks

+1

Without a picture or physical exam it is difficult to fully asses all of your risks. 

From your description you are very petite with a significant rectus diastasis and thin skin.  These descriptions would make you a good candidate for a tummy tuck procedure.  A tummy tuck would correct your rectus diastasis and flatten your abdomen. 

As with all surgery, tummy tucks have risks and complications.  You should specifically ask your plastic surgeon about these complications.  Seek out an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is comfortable with handling your case.  Ask for pictures of  patients with similar features as yours. 

Dr. Brian Joseph

Brian Joseph, MD

Candidate for tummy tuck.

+1

You are likely a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  It sounds like you have very thin skin.  Your PS should be able to elevate that skin to correct your muscle separation.    As per the risks associated with a tummy tuck, your PS will review your past medical history and your anatomy to highlight the risks that are associated with any surgery.  Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Safe for Tummy Tuck

+1

Although all surgery has risk, your doctor should be able to elevate the skin from your abdomen, and get those muscles repaired. The skin above your belly button may be loose for a while, but should improve with time.

Good luck

Gary S. Berger, MD