Am I a Suitable Candidate for Fat Transfer? I'm Looking for a Permanent Solution For My Eyes. (photo)

I am 30 years old. (Photo taken after botox – 2 months) I started noticing the dark circles under my eyes about 8 years ago. The lines and circles are really obvious under direct sunlight or under fluorescent light. I started doing botox (between the brows, crow’s feet region). This definitely prevents that brow crease and reduces the hollows under the eyes somewhat. However, doing this every 3-4 months isn't cost effective. Please let me know your thoughts or suggestions (see pics) Thanks!!

Dark circles

+1

The dark circles you have are from the herniaton of the middle and medial pockets of orbital fat...They need to be removed to get rid of the dark circles. Then a judicous injection of fat in the hollow area and tear trough. You cant hide these bags with fat forever and eventually they will come down and show

Using fat transfer for under the eyes

+1

Yes, fat grafting can be used to give a longer lasting correction to the dark shadowing under your eyes. It won't necessarily improve any fine lines, though.

The link below provides a good example of how lower eyelid/cheek fat grafting can be done in someone your age.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD