Am I a Rhinoplasty Candidate with My Wide, Bulbous Tip? (photo)

I have always hated the tip of my nose. The bridge is a little wide and has a bit of a bump, but I would be satisfied with just a reduction in the tip. It's very wide and bulbous. It looks fine from the profile view, but front on it's very.. unattractive. Is there a way to have it reduced without too drastic of a change? I do not want a narrow, pinched look. It also tends to swell in cold, heat, or with allergies. Are there nonsurgical options too?

Yes, a rhinoplasty should help with your wide tip

I agree that the bridge is a little wide, too, but mainly work on the tip cartilages could help achieve your goals of narrowing the tip. 

Be sure to discuss all of the details that you care about with your surgeon, and be sure to see before and after photos of his other patients, specifically patients who have had correction of wide tips.

Note that a profile before-and-after, where perhaps you see a hump removed, doesn't tell you anything about how the surgeon handled a wide tip: it's the three-quarter, or oblique, views, that shows you whether a tip has been narrowed.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

7640 Pacific Street
Omaha, NE 68114-5421

Rhinoplasty candidate

A wide bulbous tip is best addressed through tip surgery technique such as suturing the lower nasal tip cartilages together and a removal of some cartilage in the tip.  Since the remainder of the nose must be in balance with the new tip, many patients require a full rhinoplasty as opposed to a tip-plasty alone.

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

Wide, Bulbous tip rhinoplasty

A conservative rhinoplasty can be done to address your tip concerns. I agree that an overly narrow, pinched appearance is not a good look. To avoid this look at the before and after photos of potential surgeons' other patients to make sure you like their aesthetic.

Check out my link below to find out more about fixing a bulbous nasal tip.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

1101 Madison Street
Seattle, WA 98104

Surgery for Wide, Bulbous Tip

An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will explain what can be done to improve your bulbous tip and surgically bring balance and proportion to your nose without a drastic change. A narrow, pinched tip never looks natural. Look at your surgeon's results with similar noses.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Correcting a bulbous tip

The short answer to your question is that yes you are a candidate. You do have a wide bulbous tip that can be narrowed and refined. It is helpful for you to bring to your consultation some representative examples of noses you like so that your surgeon has some idea as to what you are considering. Good luck

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

1361 13th Ave South
Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may lead to the improvement of your bulbous tip.

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

Your tip and entire nose is wide on your front photo. Rhinoplasty surgery techniques may lead to a narrower appearance of your nose. The expertise of your surgeon is critical for achieving an attractive, natural-looking result.

Good luck.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

1500 Pleasant Valley Way
West Orange, NJ 07052

Tip issues

If you are uhappy with your tip and you think it is too wide, the only good solution is to perform a tip plasty to narrow the tip and to refine it.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Though you kindly posted photos, they are not really that helpful. I think you would be a great candidate for rhinoplasty but in person examinations are the best way to proceed. 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Tip rhinoplasty will give you the result

You very beautiful facial features and tip rhinoplasty will help. There is no non-surgical treatment since you need reduction. Computer morphing will help to plan your surgery .

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

3901 Veterans Blvd
Metairie, LA 70002