Am I a Mini TT Candidate? (photo)

After two pregnancies, I am less than thrilled with my stomach. We are finished having children and I am an avid weight lifter and extremely active physically. I've come to realize that my stomach is not going to improve much more without some sort of surgical intervention. I'm concerned about the amount of skin available to remove. Would I be a good candidate for a mini TT? I'm 5'9" and 137 lbs.

Indications for a Mini Tummy Tuck.

+1

Your photos seem to indicate that you would be a good candidate for mini tummy tuck and limited Liposuction possibly in the upper mid tummy. Here are the details of the procedure.
Mini-abdominoplasty tightens the lower abdominal wall muscles and removes redundant skin below the umbilicus, belly button, only. The shortest scar technique leaves a scar at the pubic hair line. Liposuction may be used alone or in conjunction with a tummy tuck to benefit selected patients
‘Mini” tummy tucks can benefit patients who have a small amount of excess skin and fat or protruding of the lower abdomen. This operation may be done under local anesthesia with sedation, on an outpatient basis. Liposuction may be used alone or in conjunction with a tummy tuck to benefit selected patients

Perhaps liposuction of the abdomen and a mini tummy tuck

+1

Thank your for the question and photos.  You are in great shape and first must decide if you even want to entertain the idea of a body contouring procedure.  If are truly unhappy with your abdomen you may want to evaluate liposuction of the abdomen (conservatively) and perhaps a mini tummy tuck.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/tummy-tuck.cfm

Choosing a mini tummy tuck procedure

+1

A dynamic muscle examination is likely needed to determine whether you are a candidate for full or mini tummy tuck surgery.  From the photos, however, it is unlikely that you will need a mini lift.  However, some Liposonix or Liposuction contouring may further improve your abdominal silhouette. 

Tummy Treatment options

+1

Thank you for posting your photos.  Your abdominal wall looks pretty good after having 2 pregnancies.  A formal physical exam will be needed to make any recommendations.  Your surgeon will need to asses your skin laxity and the position of your abdominal wall muscles.  If you have some muscle separation, I may recommend a mini tummy tuck with endoscopic assisted full muscle plication (tightening of the abdominal wall muscles).  If you do not have any signicifant muscle separation, perhaps liposuction might just do the trick.  Again, please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.  Best of luck!

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Minituck or liposuction

+1

The basic answer is: you can never tell just from photos.  An exam is necessary to determine whether you have some laxity and excess skin in the lower abdomen that can be addressed with a mini-tuck.  You are thin and in great shape so you may well be among the patients who can benefit from this procedure, particularly when combined with a bit of liposuction.  See a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and alternatives.  Best of luck.  Dr K

It appears that you are a good candidate

+1

It appears that you are a good candidate for a mini-abdominoplasty combined with liposuction, i would recommend smartlipo for a good liposculpturing of the upper abdomen. The only way to find out for sure is with a consultation. Be sure that you have consults with Board certified plastic surgeons by the American Board of plastic surgery.

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Mini Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+1

Although it is not possible to provide you with precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals, you may be one of the rare patients who (despite having had 2 pregnancies)  would be better off with NO  operation.  Generally speaking, I think the results of the mini tummy tuck surgery are very minimal (in your case may not be worth the downside of the scar) and a full tummy tuck operation in your case appears to be unnecessary and potentially high risk.

Again in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons may be more helpful to you.

Keep up the good work!

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Candidate for mini tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos. You have very good muscle tone , not much in excess skin and your shape in general look good in the photos. In a situation like yours you need in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Be very clear during the consultation about your goals ans what you want to achieve. Good luck.

Mini tummy tuck candidate

+1

Mini tummy tucks give smallp results...your photos show you are in pretty good shape with little excess skin...a minor sculpting procedure could help improve your appearance...perhaps some careful liposuction with a small amount of skin removal with a small resulting scar...the only way to be certain would be to have a consultation and examination....you should also be clear in your goals and what your surgeon could deliver...after two children, many people would be thrilled to look as good as you do now.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Am I a Mini TT Candidate?

+1

Hard to answer based upon the photos posted, which are at a longer distance with panties obscuring the lower abdomen, and poor posing. Best to obtain in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your city.