Am I a Good Invisalign Candidate if I Have an Overbite? (photo)

Hi, Does it appear I have an overbite, and will Invisalign possibly work? I really don't want to have to get braces! Thanks so much for your feedback I really appreciate it.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Overbite and invisalign

+1

From the photos you provided you look to be a good candidate for invisalign.  It is best to get full professional phots to get a more accurate assessment.  What is most important is to decide what you don't like about your face smile.  Discuss with your doctor the plan and how the teeth will be moved.  Movement of teeth by invisalign, braces or other means can alter your profile .  Be clear with your doctor about how invisalign will affect your bite and your overall facial appearance.  Realize that the soft tissues drape over the hard tissues (bones and teeth) underneath.  So, similar to cheeck or shin implantsaltering the dimension of your teeth by moving them can alter your facial appearance especially in the lower 1/3 of the face.

Washington Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign can correct an over bite.

+1

Invisalign can correct an overbite which is how far down your upper teeth overlap your lower teeth. If you have buck teeth then this is called overjet. Overjet is a little harder to accomplish with I'align but with the proper space creation on the upper the teeth can gently be pulled back into position.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Am I a good candidate for invisalign (overbite)

+1

It appears from the photos that you have provided us with that you are in fact a good candidate for invisalign.  I would find a dentist who is exprienced in doing invisalign and ask to see some photos of similar cases.  Good luck in your search

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Am I a Good Invisalign Candidate if I Have an Overbite?

+1

Invisalign orthodontics can be used to correct many problems associated with misaligned teeth.  Overbite is one of the characteristics that should be addressed when doing a thorough occlusal evaluation with your dental provider.  From your pictures you look like a great candidate for invisalign.  Discuss your concerns with your provider and enjoy your beautiful smile.

San Diego Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign is perfect for minor tooth movement

+1

However, with addressing the overbite, it can be a challenge with Invisalign.  

Your teeth don't look overly crowded or crooked, so I am assuming it is the "overbite" that you don't like.  To get the right kind of movement to change overbites, it is common to use elastics and "buttons" (tooth colored attachments to the teeth), which is VERY similar to normal braces.  Since you state you DON'T want braces, the process may be too similar for you.

It CAN be done, but you may find that your specific goals cannot be satisfied.  A consultation with an experience Invisalign provider can be very educational for you.

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign can treat overbites

+1

Yes it appears that you'd be a great candidate for invisalign based on your photos.  Just make sure you pick a dentist experienced in invisalign treatment and ask for some before/after cases similar to your condition.  Good luck!

Columbus Cosmetic Dentist

+1

Many people believe that Invisalign is only effective at treating minor orthodontic issues. But the fact is that our 96% patient satisfaction rate1 is a result of successfully treating a broad range of cases, from overly crowded teeth and underbites to jaw problems and tooth misalignment. You may be somewhat familiar with how the Invisalign® treatment works, but we'd like to take you through each step of the treatment process, from consultation to confident smile. Whether you're considering treatment for yourself or someone else, knowing more about the entire process can help you be more confident in your decision to choose Invisalign. You may be somewhat familiar with how the Invisalign® treatment works, but we'd like to take you through each step of the treatment process, from consultation to confident smile. Whether you're considering treatment for yourself or someone else, knowing more about the entire process can help you be more confident in your decision to choose Invisalign.

Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist

Overbites are treatable with Invisalign.

+1

Great pictures.  You look like a great candidate for Invisalign. 

Of course you should have an examination by a qualified dentist to make sure, but from what I see you look ideal.

Good luck!

Dr. Alper

New York Cosmetic Dentist