Shrink Mid Section: Am I a Good Canidate for Vaser?

I am 5'8" and weigh 160 lbs. I have 3 children and am interested in shrinking my mid section. I walk several days a week and have recently reached my goal weight. I do have a bit of loose skin but could stand to lose more fat in the midsection. I have read on here that Vaser only minimally tightens skin but I'm wondering if it will help me at all. I'm NOT expecting a six pack. I am scheduled for a consult with 2 different doctors but was hoping to get a heads up on what to expect.

Are you a good candidate for Vaser liposuction?

+2

Vaser liposuction allows for efficient fat removal and some skin shrinkage after the procedure. If there is excess skin, stretch marks, and/or muscle weakness from pregnancy or weight change, a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is a better option.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Lipo

+1

If your skin is loose now, it will only get more lax if you remove the fat.  It’s best to do a tummy tuck and the skin can be removed that is in excess.  If you do not want the scar and that type of surgery, than lipo is the next best thing, but you will have loose skin, and possibly some irregularity.  I like Vaser, but Vaser is better with laser used in conjunction.  In spite of the two helping to retract and tighten the skin, they are not enough to make your abdomen tight.  Surgery is frequently the best option in these cases.  Get an opinion from a BCPS in your area you are comfortable with and make a plan.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

VASER can decrease torso fat

+1

VASER ultrasonic liposuction can effectively reduce the fat around your torso and tighten your skin somewhat.  

• Do you want to look good in your clothes, or naked?
  • How much time can you be out of work or at home recuperating?
  • How strong are your core muscles?

Emily Pollard, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Vaser on abdomen

+1

You are probably a better candidate for a full tummy tuck after having several chifdren and compalining about a lax abdsomen. This will also tighten the muscles and remove the excess skin.

Am I a Good Canidate for Vaser?

+1

From reviewing your posted photos I recommend an extended mini tummy tuck with Smart Lipo. Vaser will not be my choice.