Am I a Good Canidate for Lipo of my Neck?

I am considering having lipo under my chin. I am worried about having loose skin afterwards or asymmetry.

Chin Liposuction

Both are risks you must accept if you want the procedure.  See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and you will find out how good a candidate you are and the risks of both of these issues.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

360 Rose Ave
Danville, CA 94526

Am I a good candidate for liposuction

Based on your photos, you appear to be young and have good skin.  These are factors that make someone a favorable candidate for liposuction.  However, there are many factors, but physical, medical, and emotional that make someone a good candidate for cosmetic surgery.  Therefore, I would recommend you see a plastic surgeon for a consultation.  He/she will do a complete history and physical and assess your individual anatomy and what look you hope to achieve.  He/she can discuss with you the risks, benefits, and alternatives of the procedure as well as help you establish realistic expectations for what surgery can accomplish for you.  

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD, FACS

9735 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Chin Liposuction

You appear to be an excellent candidate for liposuction under the chin.  However, you should have a personalized consultation.

Kimberly Lee, MD

416 North Bedford Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Neck/Under Chin Liposuction Candidate

Your photos indicate you have good skin elasticity, which would likely make you a good candidate for liposuction of the neck.  During a consultation, you should discuss your medical history and any medications you take with your your doctor (preferably a board certified plastic surgeon).  This is to make sure your procedure goes smoothly and without any medical complications.

I agree with the other posts, that a chin implant might be a good addition to give you an even better result.  A chin implant can be done through a small incision inside the mouth, so no external incision/scar.  The surgeon you choose should have many before and after photos of this procedure.  If not, find someone else.  Good luck!

Steven Svehlak, MD

9201 West Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069

Chin Liposuction

By looking at your pictures I am not able to give you an opinion. The correct procedure can be determined only after a physical examination.

• If the fullness under your chin is pure fate, liposuction should give you a good result.
  • However, if it is just loose skin, liposuction is not the right procedure for you.
  • If it bot fat and loose skin, a vary conservative liposuction may be helpful.

Below are several of my patients who have had Chin Liposuction:

Ivan Thomas, MD (retired)

1629 West Ave. J
Lancaster , CA 93534

Chin liposuction is a good procedure for you.

After reviewing your photographs you look like an ideal patient for chin liposuction. Your skin appears to have the proper elasticity needed to ensure a good result with no laxity in the neck post operatively. You should expect a nice result with minimal downtime and recovery.

Michael Elam, MD

360 San Miguel Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Good candidate for chin/neck liposuction

Based on your photo, you do appear to be a good candidate for liposuction of the chin/neck. Young patients (under 40) do very well as long as they have good skin tone (elasiticity). It will take a few months for the skin to shrink and contract; the surgical garment will help with this during the first few weeks post-surgery.

William Bruno, MD

9201 Sunset Boulevard
West Hollywood, CA 90069

Am I a Good Canidate for Lipo of Neck.

Yes, I recommend Smart lipo + lipo under local anesthesia. Seek in person evaluations from boarded PSs in your area. 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Yes good candidate for liposuction neck

you appear to have very good skin elasticity and would therefore be a very good candidate for liposuction of the neck.  You also have a small chin and your results from liposuction of the neck and a small chin implant would be exceptional.  Your plastic surgeon should be able to show you many before and after pictures of this exact operation to help you decide.  If he or she does not or cannot show you photos of similar patients then continue your search for a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.

Louise Ferland, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

4050 Innslake Dr
Richmond, VA 23060

Some may offer a chin implant.

I think you might do very well with just neck liposuction.  I would recommend getting several opinions.  Keep in mind that cosmetic dermatologist also offer this service and tend to perform neck liposuction with much fewer drugs which can be a great choice for many.  There is no evidence that a particular device is better for liposuction that a properly done microcanula liposuction.

9001 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211