Am I a Good Canidate for Tummy Tuck? (photo)

I am 5'3 and weigh 185lbs, have 2 children. I have always been very muscular and well built until children of course. I was recently turned down for a consultation for Mommy Makeover over the phone due to my BMI, i do not have any health problems and am active on a daily basis. Is that normal to be turned down for even a consultion, am i wasting my time trying looking into having this procedure. I feel like my only real problem is my abdomen, other than my abdomen i am happy with the rest of my body

Cosmetic surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

The best way to determine if you are a good candidate is with a consultation. Look for a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.In my experience, even with a little extra weight, you can still have a mommy makeover. Some patients have an easier time losing the weight after surgery. All the best.

Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Consultation needed

+1

A consultation is the best way to determine if you are a good candidate for this surgery.  From what you've indicated it seems you would be, but a review of your medical history along with a physical exam would give a more definite answer.  Good luck.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Yes, you are.

+1

It appears that you have excess skin and fat of the anterior abdomen. An abdominoplasty should correct most of these issues. You will also benefit from liposuction of the hip and flank.

Ralph M. Rosato, MD
Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

Good Candidates for Tummy Tuck

+1

I think you are a great candidate for Tummy Tuck.  Please make sure that you have maximized your weight loss efforts.  If you have plateaued, and can not loose any more weight, then you are ready.  Albeit, only a complete consultation with a board certified PS can answer all your questions.  I am sure there are plenty of good and reputable plastic surgeons in your community.  If you are ready, don't give up, remember that just as a PS selects patients for surgery, you as the patient get to select your PS.  Good Luck

Robert Morgan Davoudi, MD

Am I a Good Canidate for Tummy Tuck?

+1

Most likrely a candidate but a better candidate with 20 pounds weight loss. Consider strict diet and exercise plan to attain a better BMI before the planned surgery. 

You are a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck.

+1

In my opinion, you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck procedure. The fact that you have excess skin and fat in the upper and lower abdomen makes this procedure ideal for you compared to other procedures such as a miniTT or liposuction. I do not believe that you are wasting your time and that once you have the procedure done you should be very happy with your abdominal area. I would recommend a medical clearance prior to your procedure to ensure that you are in a medically stable condition to safely undergo your surgery.

Best of Luck.

Arturo H. Armenta, MD

Who is a good candidate for an abdominoplasty?

+1

Your current BMI is 32, ideally it would be nice to get it down below 30, this would mean losing 15 pounds.  If this is possible then it will lead to you getting your best result and will decrease your risk for complications.  Other than you weight you are a good candidate for an abdominoplasty.  If you can not lose the weight first then this would not necessarily make you not a candidate for the procedure.  A full examination is required and you may need medical clearance especially if you have any medical issues or are over 50.  Good luck, you are headed in the right direction.  

Tummy Tuck Candidate

+1

Yes, from the pictures, it looks like you will be a great candidate for tummy tuck.  With the procedure, the excess skin and fat will be removed and your muscles tightened.  Just liposuction or just a mini tuck, will not give you results anywhere close to what a full tummy tuck can achieve.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

You seem to be a good candidate for a Tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos. 

You may not be an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck because of your weight but the photos show that you can benefit from an abdominoplasty to remove the excess skin and fat. Liposuction of your sides can result in better body contouring.

As long as you are aware that you are at increased risk for complications the surgery can still be done. 

Consult with one or more Board certified Plastic surgeons to be fully examined. 

Best of luck ....

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

5'3" 185 lbs and Tummy Tuck

+1

Although this is not an ideal weight for the tummy tuck, I would not think it unreasonable to consider you for surgery after losing 20 lbs or so.  Although it is nice to be at goal weight, I realize that this may not be practical.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA