Am I a Good Candidate? (photo)

I've been thinking about having a nose job for quite some time, but I'm not sure if I'm a good candidate or not. Would like a more narrow nasal bridge and more narrow nostrils. In addition, I would maybe like to make the tip a bit more narrow also (not too much though). Do you think my expectations are too high, or am I a good candidate? I'm not looking for a radical change, just a minor improvement :)

Am I a Good Candidate?

+1

Aesthetically speaking, from the photos provide, the nose looks pretty good overall.  The tip is a tad bit wide and the nostrils are a bit flared...which is accentuated when you smile (this is typically the case).  You certainly can leave your nose alone as a Rhinoplasty would only create refinement and no major changes.  If the things, that I describe above, are important enough to you to undergo surgery...a Tip-plasty and internal weirs (to reduce the nostril flare) can be considered.  

Rhinoplasty for flaring nostrils

+1

It is not obvious to me from your posted photos that you need any nasal surgery. Your main complaint seems to be that your nostrils flare when you smile. The depressor septi muscle pulls your tip down when you smile and causes the nostrils to widen a bit with that muscle action. Simple division of the muscle may be enough to give you what you want but I would advise against aggressive nasal surgery. This is different than the flare that is seen with nasal airway obstruction or with a wide alar base.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Rhinoplasty to narrow the bridge the nostrils

+1

The  rhinoplasty procedure involves narrowing the nasal bones to give more sidewall definition. A very conservative amount of tip surgery can also be performed to balance the tip features to the new bridge line. An alar-plasty is performed when there is wide nostrils but  that decision must be made from the basal view. Please see the  link below to see  our rhinoplasty photo gallery for noses similar to your  own.

Rhinoplasty - am i a candidate

+1

I am sure you realize that it is impossible to truly answer your question via the web. With that said if I were to see you in my office, I would likely answer your question with a resounding "yes." your assessment is spot on and your expectations and desire for minor refinements are wise. Many surgeons not experienced with rhinoplasty might say your nose is attractive and goes with your face. That is true; your nose is attractive and matches your face. But that does not mean that you are not a good candidate. In the hands of a skilled surgeon you dorsum could be narrowed a hair thus better defining the dorsal aesthetic lines, your tip could be narrowed a hair too. Hard to tell without side views but your tip might be ever so slightly under projected and under rotated (I might stand corrected upon seeing side views) and with smile your tip plunges. All of this can is addressed to. You need a finesse rhinoplasty. Just enough change to look even better but not so much change that it looks unnatural or the result of an operation.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Am I a Good Candidate?

+1

Yes a good candidate. Best to obtain only IN PERSON evaluations!!! from boarded surgeons in your city. 

Am I a Good Candidate for a Rhinoplasty?

+1

In the pictures you submitted there seems to be a little flaring of your nostrils. I need to see a full set of nasal views, but the rest of your nose looks good. My website has instructions on pictures to send for nasal evaluation.

Am I a Good Candidate?

+1

I think your nose complements your face well, and I do not think you would benefit much if any from rhinoplasty.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA