Am I a Good Candidate for Umbilicoplasty?

I'm 6'3, 174lbs, in good shape but am unhappy with my belly button. I used to be a fat teenager but have lost and maintained my weight since then. However, my belly button is kind of droopy and sad looking. I was wondering if umbilicoplasty could help me obtain a more 'sexy' belly button that will hopefully be a better fit for my physique. If so, is my case an easy or tough fix? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Belly button tightening or surgery

+1
Umbilical tightening may improve the look of the belly button. An umbilicoplasty is usually reserved for hernias of the belly button. Our office specializes in umbilical surgery in Los Angeles.

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/body/61/abdominoplasty-and-belly-button-scar-revision.aspx

Umbilicoplasty

+1

An umbilicoplasty is generally reserved for those with existing or repaired umbilical hernias or for treatment of a scarred or unacceptable result following abdominioplasty. Your condition does not meet  this criteria and my advice would be to leave it alone.

Belly Button Surgery (Umbilicoplasty) should NOT be done INSTEAD of correcting Tummy Skin Looseness

+1

Regarding: "I'm 6'3, 174lbs, in good shape but am unhappy with my belly button. I used to be a fat teenager but have lost and maintained my weight since then. However, my belly button is kind of droopy and sad looking. I was wondering if umbilicoplasty could help me obtain a more 'sexy' belly button that will hopefully be a better fit for my physique. If so, is my case an easy or tough fix? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!"

You appear to have an amazing physique BUT the reason for the "sad" appearance of the belly button is NOT fixable by operating on the belly button.

Increased skin looseness above the belly button leads to sagging and hooding over the belly button. Instead of hooding from 2 o'clock to 10 o'clock, the sagging skin leads to the hooding going from 3 to 9 o'clock. This may be made worse by a longer belly button stalk which decreases the "innie" aspect of belly buttons (NOT in your case).

A small crescent like incision / scar along the upper portion of the umbilicus will somewhat improve the appearance. If you want a much more pronounce improvement you may need to have a Tummy Tuck to remove all loose skin BUT the cost would be a permanent transverse scar.

Dr. Peter Aldea  

Umbilicioplasty

+1

One photo does not give enough information and a formal exam would be necessary, but I am not a big fan of just treating the region around the umbilicus if there is severe laxity.

Umbilicoplasty vs. Abdominoplasty

+1

Hi there-

It would be difficult to advise you without examining you, as one of the important criteria in this decision would be the quality and elasticity of your skin....

Your best bet is to visit with a reputable, responsible surgeon (please be sure you're dealing with a real plastic surgeon by verifying he/she is certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery) for an evaluation.

Good luck!

Web reference: http://orlandoplasticsurgery.blogspot.com/2009/11/choosing-plastic-surgeon-part-2.html#723

Umblicoplasty

+1

You look like you would be a good candidate for surgery.  However, I think you would benefit most from an abdominoplasty / tummy tuck.  This will address the shape of your belly button and will also address your abdominal laxity and excess skin.  I suggest seeing a board-certified plastic surgeon in consultation to plan your surgery.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://content.understand.com/shaferplasticsurgery.menu