Am I a Good Candidate for a Short Scar Breast Reduction Surgery?

I wear a 30HH bra which is my correct bra size but I would like to go down to a C cup or a D at most. I have been considering a BR but I am highly concerned about excessive scarring. Can you please offer any suggestions about the most suitable techniques for me. Thank you very much.

Good Candidate for a Short Scar Breast Reduction

+1

Yes, Despite some of the conflicting answers you will get I think you would be a great candidate for a minimal incision Breast Reduction/Breast Lift surgery using a “vertical” or “lollipop” scar technique. I have been using this technique for the past 15 years. However most important is that you choose a board certified Plastic Surgeon who is most comfortable with this technique, otherwise don't try to convince him to use it as the results may not be as good as a technique he is more used to. This short scar method has been used in Brazil and France for many years but is performed by a minority of Plastic Surgeons in this country.  The benefits include: approximately fifty percent less scarring, a narrower breast, better forward projection and shape, longer lasting improvement, shorter surgery time and less complications. In general, I have stopped using the older traditional “anchor” or inverted “T” incisions as these provide inferior results.  The procedure is done under general anesthesia on an out-patient basis or in the hospital it there are additional medical conditions.

Breast Reduction Technique?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

In my hands, you would be best off with a traditional Wise pattern  breast reduction ( circumareola, vertical, and horizontal incisions).

Breast Reduction by Short Scar technique

+1

Yes, I think you would be a candidate for a short scar breast reduction.  I have been using the Short scar Peri Aerolar Inferior Pedicle (SPAIR) technique now for several years and have used the technique on women larger than you with great success.

Women are happy with the result and I think the breasts stay lifted for much longer than with the traditional anchor technique.  I would recommend seeking out a plastic surgeon in your area who performs the SPAIR technique.

Suresh Koneru, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Short scar breast reduction has its limits.

+1

Hi.

I am always pushing minimal scar breast surgery, but you are not the best candidate for this approach.  You have a lot of sagging, specially on the left.  You need lollipop scars at least, and maybe even anchor type scars. 

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)