Am I a Good Candidate for Sculptra?

MY face getting thinner and hollower from the last 3 years ago and I would like to have fresher and fuller face,specially around cheek and jaw and under eyes areas. 2-i have a asymetric face,can my profile be corrected by diffrent doz of sculptra injection? 3- what is the best solution under eyes to make it firmer and removing those monster wrinkles and hollow ?i read Scupltra is not good for that 4-what about making my lips fuller? 5-how much will be the cost

Sculptra? And what else?

+3

I think that you have a great structure to start with and lovely lips already. If you would like more volume Sculptra would give you a nice soft look and I would not use a whole lot at one time. try on bottle for first session and see how you do in about 6 weeks. My guess is that you will be happy after three and will need no more. I would use Restylane in eye area and if you want a tiny bit of enhancement of lips put a drop in a few areas but would not want to change your lips much , if at all.  Cost will vary depending on where you go. I charge $750 a vial/bottle of sculptra and $550 a 1ml. vial of Restylane. 

Birmingham Dermatologist

Sculptra concerns

+2

Sculptra is an excellent choice when one wants to replace lost volume in ones face. From your description, Sculptra would be a good choice for you and asymmetry would indeed be corrected in this manner. It is certainly possible for Sculptra to be injected below the eyes if the physician is experienced in this procedure. Personally, I have abandoned Sculptra in the infra orbital area and instead prefer Restylane. In my opinion, the lips respond best to Restylane and Juvederm, whereas Radiesse and Sculptra should be avoided in this area. Cost is extremely variable from doctor to doctor, city to city, etc.

Peter L. Kopelson, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial revolumization with Sculptra

+1

Sculptra can help replace volume that many people lose in the face, but it shouldn't be used in the lips because of lumps. It usually takes at least one vial, or two per treatment, and there are usually three treatments about six weeks apart.  Fat injections can be done also. Juvederm and Restylane are hyaluronic acids and work very nicely in the lips.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Sculptra, Juvederm, Restylane... great products!!!

+1

Sculptra is a great first option for your situation.  Volume loss is corrected nicely with multiple treatments of Sculptra.  On average, you are looking at 1 to 2 vials of Sculptra each session with a minimum of 3 sessions.  For lip plumping, I suggest Juvederm Ultra Plus, it lasts longer, gives a nice, natural fill, and feels soft.  This is a safe product and gives great results in experienced hands.  For the hollowing under your eyes, Restylane is my number one go to.  I would also highly suggest a little Botox to soften the muscle movements around your eyes and help decrease your animation wrinkles from occuring.  A good hydrating eye cream can not hurt either (I like Skin Medica's TNS Eye Repair and iS CLINICAL's Youth Eye Cream).  Cost varies from office to office so please take your time, go for consultations and make sure your injector is EXPERIENCED with these types of products. 

Hope this helps.  Good luck. 

Dr. Grant Stevens      

Grant Stevens, MD

Sculptra vs Stem Cell Fat with PRP for facial volume

+1

Thanks for the photos.  I agree with Dr. Blinski that stem cell fat transfer with PRP would give immediate results in one session compared to the 6 months wait to see if the Sculptra shows its intended effect after several Sculptra injection sessions.  Costs overall would be equivalent.  Your lips are fine, don't mess with them.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Am I a Good Candidate for Scuptra?

+1

It depends on what you wish to accomplish. I agree with both previous posters, especially the series of 3 sessions, but I would use 2 vials or a total of 6. Costs would range from a total of $4 to $5,000. But from your photos I might consider Stem Cell Activated Fat grafts with PRP injections. Cost is $5 to $7,500 and the additional amounts up to 30 cc's at one session injected makes more sense. From MIAMI 

Sculptra for Facial Volume and Symmetry

+1

Sculptra is best used for facial contouring and correcting problems due to volume loss. Sculptra can also be used for enhancing cheekbones, chin and jaw line but should not be used around the eyes and the lips. Sculptra also lasts longer lasting than other fillers as you can expect Sculptra to last for several years. I typically recommend three Sculptra treatments (one vial each) one month apart and then waiting four to six months to assess the results. Restylane or Juvederm would be the best choice to use around the eyes and in the lips. the cost for Sculptra in our office is $650 per vial and $600 for a syringe of Restylane or Juvederm.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Fortunately you are a very pretty women already and less will be more!!

+1

On major importance is that Sculptra is not to be used in the lids or lips.  Your lower lids can be helped by a combination of Restylane and a light fractional laser. 

Your lips are great and would do best being left alone.  You will be getting too much of a good thing if you add more volume to your lips.

Regarding Sculptra, it could be used to shape your cheeks so your face appears wider.  it will take at least three amps of Sculptra to create enough effect to be worthwhile.

Cost will of course vary on who does it and your location.

Dr. Mayl

Fort lauderdale

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon