I'm 20 yrs old, 5'9, 167 lbs. Am I a Good Candidate for a Full Tummy Tuck? (photos)

I am 20 years old and have one 5.5 year old son. I know not to have this procedure until I'm finished having kids, and I think we are going to have another in the next few years, but I just wanted to see if I was a good candidate with where I am now. I also want to know what all I would need to have done. My measurements are 36-28-38, I am 5'9 and weigh 167lbs. I want a little bit of hips but not a whole lot left.

Difference between a full and mini-tummy tuck in Los Angeles

+2

Most women who have had children are left with many abdominal stretch marks as well as loose abdominal skin. these women would be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck or abdominoplasty which removes excess skin, and tightens abdominal muscle. women who don't have stretch marks and/or loose hanging abdominal skin might be able to get away with a mini-tummy tuck which does not tighten the muscles.

To Tuck or not to Tuck?

+2

It certainly appears that you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck as long as you are medically healthy.  The stretch marks above the level of your belly button cannot be removed but will end up in the lower abdominal region.  The plan would be to remove as much skin as safely possible and get a good result however that determination is made at the time of the surgery.  Hopefully one would be able to remove the skin from the pubic level to the umbilical level and tighten the underlying abdominal muscles.

Albert Dabbah, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck After Pregnancy - great procedure for many

+1

Women and men who have excess skin and/or fat around the abdomen which does not

respond to diet and exercise are candidates for abdominoplasty with or without liposuction.

Many patients complain that they cannot flatten their abdominal muscles through exercise,

which also means a tummy tuck may be appropriate for them. Abdominoplasty candidates

have some or all of the following characteristics:

• excess abdominal skin which may sag
  • a disproportionate or protruding abdomen
  • weakened or separated abdominal muscles
  • excess fat concentrated in the abdomen
  • Waiting until you are finished with your last pregnancy makes a lot of sense.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Tummy tuck candidate or not

+1

Hi,  

Yes, you are a candidate for a tummy tuck.  You have loose abdominal muscles and excess tissue above your Irish tattoo (nothing without effort).  The muscles would be tightened and the fatty tissue removed.

You have decided to wait on the body contouring and that is fine but when you are ready, then you will do fine with this procedure.  Your small size will help you a lot in your predictability of a great result.
                 Steven M. Lynch, M.D.

Steven M. Lynch, MD
    Albany Plastic Surgeon

Yes to Tummy Tuck

+1

Based on your photograph you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  Here are some tips:

• Wait until you are finished with child bearing
    • Don't smoke
    • If you are a smoker, quit now and don't ever start again
    • Don't gain weight
    • Consult only a board certified plastic surgeon who performs TT frequently

David Finkle, MD
    Omaha Plastic Surgeon

You would enjoy tummy tuck results!

+1

Based on posted pictures you are a good candidate for full abdominoplasty with liposuction. You can expect very nice results from this procedure. If you are planning on having another baby in a short period of time, you should wait and have tummy tuck done after the second pregnancy.

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

YES! You are a very good candidate!

+1

YES!  You appear to be a good candidate for abdominoplasty.  The tummy tuck removes excess skin and tightens the muscles that are stretched after pregnancies.  I agree that it is best to wait until you are finished having children before you consider having this surgery.  A full abdominoplasty does not affect the hips, as would an extended abdominoplasty.  Good luck!

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck and tattoo

+1

You are a very good candidate for a standard tummy tuck proceedure which would also remove the tattoo.

Ernest D. Cronin, MD

Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck?

+1

Tummy tuck is a procedure that will enable the surgeon to repair many deformities that usually comes pregnancy. It can remove stretch marks, loose skin, and repair the belly button. In your case looking at the picture, there are significant amount of stretch marks, 90% of them located below the belly button and 10% above the belly button. There is evidence of loose skin above and below the belly button the belly button looks horizontal, so it lost its shape. After review of your photos, I think you are an excellent candidate for standard abdominoplasty. Liposuction in your case would give so little result I don’t think it should be an option.

S. Ozan Sozer, MD
    El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Surgery Post-Operative Restrictions

+1

I agree with the other surgeons that you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck procedure.  You have a tummy that needs skin tightening and I would suggest that your tummy muscles need repair.  I would also liposuction your hips for better counter and under you breast area.  This is why it is a good suggestion to finish with having your children so that your muscles will remain tight.  I make the incision as close as possible to you pubic line so you will probably lose the tattoo.   It is important to see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your surgery and make sure you are shown the markings where your incision will be and you agree, because the scars are permanent and need to be where you want them. 

John Ward, MD
    Phoenix Plastic Surgeon