Age 27 with 3 children. 5ft3, 174lbs: Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck? (photo)

I am a 27 yr old female with three children. I am done having kids and have lost all of my baby weight and then some! I work out generously and eat clean. At 5'31/2" and 174lbs, am I ready for the tummy tuck to take place or is there something else (more weight) I should try to lose?

Tummy tuck

+3
 Hi Deenie. I believe you are an excellent candidate for a tt and possibly even a lower body lift as you are so lax along your sides. It is always smart to try to get to your ideal body weight prior to doing surgery.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck after children

+2
  • Great to have 3 children and be losing weight. Well done.
  • You are absolutely correct that you are holding excess skin.
  • In an ideal world, we would be at our ideal weight before cosmetic surgery,
  • If you are still losing, keep going until you reach your goal, if you can.
  • Then have the tummy tuck or body lift. 
  • Give your excess skin, it is likely to weight several pounds when removed. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Tummy tuck candidate

+1
Based upon your photo you are a great candidate. You asked the question about more weight loss indicating you already know the answer. It is always good to be at your target weight.  You have obviously worked out hard and lost quite a bit of weight.  I would see a few plastic surgeons, decide on the exact procedure and set a date for the surgery. This will  give you some motivation and a goal to achieve your ideal weight.  It is always hard to take off the last bit of fat with the excess skin flopping, etc.  Congratulations on your weight loss. 

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck? (photo)

+1
Just by the information you have provided it seems you should lose some more weight before getting a tummy tuck.  Just by the one view you have submitted you probably need not just a tummy tuck but a circumferential body lift.  However, judging by your height and weight, if you lose another 20-30 lbs your outcome will be much better.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Candidate for tummy tuck

+1
Hi dear:

Yes, you can have a tummy tuck, try to look for a board certified plastic surgeon to do it.

Dr. Silvia Aviles

Silvia Aviles Terrero, MD

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

+1
    A tummy tuck will improve the contours of your abdomen a great deal and get rid of that excess skin.   Find a board certified plastic surgeon with great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Candidate for tummy tuck

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.The photo you have provided is pretty limited. I think that 174 lbs is probably a bit heavy for your height still. To get optimum results from a tummy tuck or other body contouring procedure I recommend that you be closer to your ideal weight. Then you will get the best possible results! I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Tummy tuck

+1
Thanks for your question and picture. Yes you are an excellent candidate for an extended tummy tuck to remove the excess abdominal skin. Also the tummy tuck will repair the abdominal wall muscles. If you plan on loosing more weight I would suggest you do that before you do surgery. Being at a stable weight will give you the best long term results. You should schedule a consultation soon so you can be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Ali Sadeghi, MD FACS
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Yes, a tummy tuck (standard or extended) will most likely achieve the results you are looking for. This operation serves to remove the “excess” skin and reapproximate the abdominal wall muscles that have spread with pregnancy and/or weight gain/loss.

The “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable,  has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her,  is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.  I hope this and the attached link help.

Excess abdominal skin

+1
You appear to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck. The photo shows that you have a lot of excess skin.

Obviously you are best served with an evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon. I would encourage you to get a consultation soon.

John Sampson, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon