4 months post-pregnancy and getting a BA: Am I a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck? (photo)

Hi! I have a 4 month old and I am getting a breast augmentation. My surgeon mentioned that a tummy tuck would probably remove about 95% of the stretch marks on my stomach & my scar would be well below my underwear line. This almost sounds too good to be true, so I wanted more opinions. I look forward to getting some answers! How well do the scars heal, are the guaranteed to be below the underwear line?

Tummy Tuck candidate

+1

It is difficult to tell from a picture only but it does appear you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. If a tummy tuck is something you are considering, make very certain that you are finished having children. Liposuction can reduce the volume but it will not tighten the skin or remove stretch marks. The stretch marks above your umbilicus will not be removed but will end up on the lower part of the abdomen.  Also, the ultimate position of the scar can vary due to several factors.  Will the scar be covered by underwear?  This depends on what style of underwear you will be wearing and the design of the abdominoplasty incisions. Good luck and make certain your surgeon is a board certified plastic surgeon. 

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1

Your surgeon is right! You are an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck.  Although the scar is long it can be designed so that a two piece bathing suit will cover it and they usually heal nicely.  The only thing I would say is that if you are planning to have more children, that you wait have the surgery until after that.  Otherwise, it is a great operation  with a very high satisfaction rate.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Strech marks

+1

It is difficult to say if your a good candidate for abdominoplasty because your photos are not enough (need front, quarter turn and profile views) to get a better idea.  Secondly, to be sure you need to be examined.  More importantly if your doing the abdominoplasty to get rid of the strech marks then know that the ones that are not gotten rid of will be streched (ie the ones above your or around your belly button) and be longer so it will still look like you have strech marks.  You should have your surgeon show you before/after photos of similar cases to yours and make sure the photos show front, quarter turn, profile and sitting positions and look at the strech marks and location of scars.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Plastic Surgery outcomes depend on multiple variables

+1

Hi there-

Your photos suggest that you are a very good candidate for an abdominoplasty, but please understand that it would be impossible to responsibly say with confidence without examining you in person.

With regard to your question about the scar location and outcome, you must please understand that it is very difficult to say whether your scar will be pleasing to you or in a location comfortable for you without knowing a lot more about your exam, the surgeon you have chosen, and your goals.

In other words, it is a mistake too often made for patients to believe that all surgeons are equivalent and that a tummy tuck is a tummy tuck is a tummy tuck.

The fact is that your experience, safety, and appearance will all depend on who you allow to do your surgery and how well you follow instructions after the procedure.

Choose the very best surgeon you can, and for the right reasons (hint- not because he is the cheapest)- like his outcomes and experience achieving goals like yours- and you'll be off to the best start possible.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Am I a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck?

+1

Though you posted 2 photos still very hard to determine the type of candidate for a full or mini tt you are. Best to be seen in person by a boarded PSs in your city. My guess is you could have a Full TT. 

Yes, a tummy tuck would removed most of the stretch marks you show; and yes, the scar can be kept below the underwear line.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck plus breast implants a good mommy makeover option

+1

There are several good resaons to consider combining the breast surgery and abdominoplasty for the changes that occur from pregnancy. You will usually save money and have only one recovery time. From the picture it sounds like your plastic surgeon hsa made a good recommendation.

Richard Baxter, MD

Splendid results with certified "ASAPS" surgeon is a guarantee/ buenos resultados solo con cirujanos plasticos de la "ASAPS"

+1

yes may be done both surgeries at same time, but besides to do a lypo and A TT always you fullfill the whole requirements any  trained surgeon would perform, and the incition should stay always under interior clothes (panty)

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Mommy make over- scars of tummy tuck in Los Angeles

+1

abdominoplasty scars are placed in a variety of ways by different plastic surgeons. I place my scars very low and go over the placement position with the patient and thier husband the day of surgery, to ensure that the scar is going to be within the bikini.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Am I a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck

+1

I can't quite tell from the photos enough to answer your question, though your surgeon who examined you is in a better position to reply. 

For a tummy tuck to work ideally, and without anything but the mandatory incisions (around the navel and in the lower abdomen) the skin from the bottom of the breastbone to the navel must be able to reach the incision in the lower abdomen. If that's the case, most of your stretch marks will be gone. If not, the marks will be lower, and you might also have a vertical scar near the larger horizontal scar. From the photo, I cannot tell which is the case.

Thanks for the question, best wishes.