Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck? Prices New York Area? (photo)

Hello. I am 24 years old and considering getting a tummy tuck with liposuction. I would like to have a more hourglass shape and get rid of my belly. I am 5'5 and 185 lbs. I have been stable at this weight for a year now, but would like to loose some more before surgery. I have not had children, but would like to eventually, just not in the near future. Am I a good candidate for surgery? Additionally, what is the average cost for this type of surgery?

Tummy tuck

+1

If you have maximized your weight loss then you are a candidate for the tummy tuck. Some patients go on to lose even more weight after the surgery and have an even better result

Am I a good candidate for a TT?

+1

In my practice you would not be a "GOOD", candidate for an abdominoplasty. Not being at the appropriate weight, and being of childbearing age, as well as wanting kids of your own would rule you out as a good candidate for TT. Remember, this is a forum where I answer your question from the perspective of how I would answer your question if you presented to me as my patient. There is no substitute for a hands on assessment and decision as regards surgery. Your photos and your question could have more than one good and appropriate answer. I reiterate, a face to face assessment, patient and surgeon, is necessary

Bowie Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck candidate

+1

It is wise to lose weight before the surgery but you can certainly do the research now. Without seeing you, it is difficult to say whether you are a candidate for both a tummy tuck and lipo or just need the lipo right now. These are individualized operations and the fees will honestly vary depending on the amount of work necessary and length of the procedure. Please feel free to call to schedule a complimentary consultation. Happy Thanksgiving! Dr K

Candidate for TT?

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

It is highly recommended that you be at your ideal weight to have an optimum result. After you have reached your ideal weight, I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Best of luck to you

High BMI

+1

your BMI is 32 -- you need to lose about 20 pounds before you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck. If you had one now, the result would be less than ideal.

Am I a good candidate for a tummy tuck? Prices New York Area?

+1

Although a physical exam would be better, I think that you will get your best result with tummy tuck and liposuction.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/tummy-tuck-photo-galleries.php

Considering a Tummy Tuck

+1

Thank you for your question and photos. A personal exam and consultation is always best.

That said it is very important to be at your ideal weight for several months before undergoing a tummy tuck. Your results will not be as good if you are not at a stable and ideal weight.

It is important to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and answer your questions. Your surgeon can explain the pros and cons of having a tummy tuck before having children. Also, surgical fees are something that can vary so, again, that is something to discuss at the time of your consultation.

It is imperative to enlist a board certified plastic surgeon to perform your surgery. Although you may see "bargains" be wary as you may not be dealing with someone who has the high standards and extensive experience as a board certified plastic surgeon.

Please read the link below which describes the various tummy tuck procedures.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in your procedure, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-tummy-tuck/boston-tummy-tuck-how-to-decide-if-you-need-an-abdominoplasty/

Lipoabdominoplasty is your answer

+1

Combination of abdominal, waist and back liposuction and abdominoiplasty should be goog on you for having more curves, better body shape. Price should be from 4,000 to 5,000 dollars, including medical fee, anesthesia, one garment, lab test.