Am I a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck & Breast Augmentation?

I'm 23 years old, 5'2 119 lbs but I want to get down to 115. I feel like I have a lot extra skin from pregnancy. I'm very healthy.

Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation Requirements

+1

A consultation including a physical examination and medical history by a board Certified Plastic Surgeon would be able to determine if you are a good candidate for a Mommy Make Over. It is best done when you are finished having kids and are near your stable body weight.

As long as you are less than 10  pounds off your stable weight should not make a significant difference

Are you a good candidate for a mommy makeover

+1

If you are done with having kids and you are healthy (ie no medical conditions that would make you a poor candidate for elective surgery), then you are likely a good candidate for a mommy makeover.  Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more about your options.

Best of luck.

Dr Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

No info

+1

Without at least a picture it is not possible to give an opinion about your breast or abdomen. Most women your age would be a good candidate for Breast Augmentation, as far as the abdomen it would be surprising to me if you would need an abdominoplasty , also are you finished with having children?

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Am I a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck & Breast Augmentation

+1

It is difficult to tell whether you are a good candidate without a physical examination and complete medical history. It would depend on your anatomical findings, motivation, realistic expectations, and whether you are finished having children. Breast surgery could be performed whether you decide to become pregnant again or not. An abdominoplasty, either a full “tummy tuck” or a shorter incision modified procedure should be delayed until you have finished all of your pregnancies.

Weight within 5-10 pounds of your ideal should not have any effect on your long term results.

If a member of my family underwent these procedures, they would be performed by an experienced plastic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. If you are serious about undergoing these procedures, you should have a thorough consultation with a plastic surgeon having those credentials, who will fully explain what is entailed in the procedures, including both the positives and potential problems. You should be complimented on the fact that you are seeking valid information before jumping into any procedure.

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Good Candidates for Breast Augmentation and Tummy Tuck

+1

You may be a good candidate if you meet the following criteria:

1. You are in overall good health

2. You are not a smoker

3.  You have a correctable issue

4.  You have realistic expectations of the surgery and outcome

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast augmentation and tummy tuck

+1

You are very young. However if you are not planning for more pregnancies in the future, you can combine augmentation mammoplasty with tummy tuck. You will be saving some money and definitely recovery time. Of course you should be prepared for accepting more limitation in your post operative period.This combinaion is done , frequentley, in a cerified outpatient facility.   

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for breast and tummy surgery?

+1

You probably are a candidate for breast surgery, but I would advise waiting for abdominal surgery until you are sure you want no further pregnancies.

Michael Leff, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and augmentation

+1
In terms of weight and health, you are a candidate for surgery in general. Without a consultation, it's impossible to determine whether you need either of the proposed procedures and then, if so, whether this is the correct time for you to undergo them. If you have not finished having children, then it would be advisable for you to wait until your family is complete.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

You need to be seen first

+1

Your numbers are good, but you need a consultation in person to know what is best for you. Also, it is best if you are done having children before the surgery.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

When is a good time to have a Mommy Make Over

+1

When to have surgery depends on a number of factors. Four pounds most likely will not make a difference in your surgical outcome. The important consideration I believe is whether to have a tummy tuck if you are planning future pregnancies. I would ask you to wait until you are through having children because future pregnancies would stretch your tummy again and there is even some consideration for intrauterine fetal growth issues if you listen to the OB doctors.

Dr. Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS