Am I a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck? I'm Done Having Kids and Recently Lost 35 lbs. (photo)

I am 33, have had 6 children. I am done having kids. Recently lost 35 pounds. I want the best results. Would appreciate the opinions of the medical community. Thanks!

Excellent Candidate for Tummy Tuck

+1

You appear to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty). Women and men who have excess skin and/or fat around the abdomen which does not respond to diet and exercise are candidates for abdominoplasty. Abdominoplasty candidates have excess abdominal skin which may sag, a disproportionate or protruding abdomen, weakened or separated abdominal muscles, or excess fat concentrated in the abdomen.

Other tummy tuck patients may recently have lost a lot of weight and need to have excess skin and tissue removed. Many women choose to have an abdominoplasty following pregnancy, since their skin usually ends up stretched out.

Abdominal contouring after having kids

+1

Dear Loveneverfails:

Congratulations on your weight loss.  After having six kids and your weight loss, you will likely benefit from a tummy tuck +/- lipo of your waist to help significantly improve the appearance of your tummy.   The tummy tuck not only removes any excess skin and fat in the lower portion of your abdomen, it also tightens up the muscles that were stretched out from your multiple pregnancies.   Please see a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.  Best of luck!

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck with or without liposuction

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos. From the pictures, yes, it seems you would enjoy the benefits of a tummy tuck with or with some focused liposuction to sculpt and shape.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your description of life circumstances and weight loss ( and after viewing your pictures)  I think you are an excellent candidate for tummy tuck surgery.

The tummy tuck procedure would serve to remove the excess skin and adipose tissue from slightly above the belly button down to the pubic bone.  Muscle plication (repair) is helpful for patients who have had children and/or weight gain/loss.

Please make sure you do your due diligence in selection of a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Tummy tuck helpful

+1

You clearly have excess skin in your lower abdomen. This can be removed either with an abdominoplasty which frees up the skin of the abdomen, moves it down and repositions the belly button, or a panniculectomy which just removes the excess skin and does not move the belly button or free up the skin of the upper abdomen. You need to see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss what would be best for you. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Candidacy

+1

Hi there-

The best tummy tuck candidates are certain they are not interested in further pregnancy, and have complaints centered on loose skin, a rounded abdominal shape when not sucking in, and a loss of the feminine waistline. They also have realistic and healthy motivations for surgery and expectations for the outcome.

Based on your photos and description, I do think that you are likely to be a good candidate- but could not responsibly say with certainty without a careful consultation and examination.

Find a surgeon Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and visit for a consultation.

Good luck!

Armando Soto, MD

Tummy tuck candidate

+1

Thanks for the pictures and congratulations on the weight loss.  You are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck and by the way, a terrible candidate for liposuction only to the abdomen.  Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon and you should expect a great result.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Perfect Candidate for a Tummy Tuck

+1

You are my dream patient for a tummy tuck.  You appear to have the key anatomical features that can be improved with the surgery and should get an excellent result.

Christopher W. Chase, MD
Chattanooga Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

+1

It appears from your photos that you would be an ideal candidate for an abdominoplasty. You will get the best result if you are at your ideal body weight.  Schedule a couple consultations and ask about their technique, the need for additional liposuction, the use of drains, in-patient or out-patient, the follow-up, pain control techniques, etc. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Sounds like you would be a fine candidate for abdominoplasty

+1

your photo is a bit difficult to see, but based upon your description alone, you would likely be a very good candidate for a tummytuck. i assume that you are close to your ideal weight, that weight is reasonably stable (give or take a few lbs), and that your are otherwise in good physical condition.

see one or two board certified plastic surgeons who are highly recommended by others in your area and go for it!   best of luck....after 6 children you deserve it.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon