Lost 20lb, hope to lose another 25lb. Am I a good candidate for a TT? (photos)

I've recently lost 20lbs and hope to lose another 25 before I want my surgery in sept. But I don't really see any pictures on here with a similar belly to mine. I've had 3 kids and have always had the spare tire look even when I've lost weight in the past. I'm tired of it and seems like my weight comes off everywhere but my stomach!

Would a Tummy Tuck be helpful?

+1
Some of the shape of your abdomen is from your heritage, and much of it from having children. You are actually an excellent candidate for a Tummy Tuck with  muscle (actually the fascia) plication, which means to suture muscles together vertically downwards. This is the only way you will ever get the abdomen you are looking without the overhang, and this is entirely possible for you. 

I expect a fair amount of Tickle Liposuction will be necessary as well to reduce the adipose tissue on your sides and even some above your umbilicus (tummy button).

I personally use Progressive Tension Sutures, which usually eliminates the need for drains. Drains slow recovery and are often painful. You will ambulate faster as drains usually stay in for 5 to 10 days, and sometimes longer. The complication rate is also lower with the PTS technique.

I think you would be quite elated with a TT. Keep in mind that recovery takes a few weeks, but the final appearance may take 6 months or longer. Most people are thrilled within a few days though. 

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1
You will be a great candidate after losing another 25 lbs. of weight. Keep up the weight loss and you will see the benefits in the end

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck candidate ?

+1
Based on your pictures a tummy tuck would be beneficial after you reach your goal weight. You must be in good health and your exam must indicate that a tummy tuck would help.  

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Lost 20 lbs. and wants a tummy tuck

+1
Thank you for allowing me to answer your question. It appears from your picture that you are headed in the right direction - you will be a great candidate for a tummy tuck with another 25 lb. weight loss prior to surgery. It would be helpful to know your height and current weight. Keep in mind that the more weight you lose prior to surgery, the more skin can be removed and the better the cosmetic appearance of your abdomen after surgery. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs abdominoplasties on a regular basis. Good luck!

Mark Deutsch, MD

Weight loss prior to tummy tuck surgery

+1
I am glad to hear that you've been able to lose 20 lbs.  Losing excess weight after three kids is tough.  More important though than the number of pounds would be your current weight in relation to your height.  We use a number called the BMI (body mass index) which takes into account these two measurements.  Most patients with a BMI greater than 30 are not good candidates for a tummy tuck, and in fact, they are at an increased risk of serious complications.  My recommendation would be to lose as much weight as possible, and then discuss your situation with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Kelly Gallego, MD, FACS
Yuba City Plastic Surgeon

Good candidate for Tummy Tuck after further weight loss.

+1
Congratulations on your weight loss-that is great! Yes after another 25 pounds lost you should be an excellent candidate for a Tummy Tuck. Be sure to consult a board certified plastic surgeron.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Lost 20lb, hope to lose another 25lb. Am I a good candidate for a TT?

+1
Yes continue the weight loss. Your can obtain a better result at a lower weight. Ask your chosen surgeon... 

+1
Yes, you are a good candidate for Abdominoplasty ( Tummy Tuck)+Lipo. The abdominal wall muscles will be tightened during the procedure as well. Seek an in-person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with years of experience.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Good candidate for tummy tuck

+1
You are a very good candidate for a tummy tuck. If you can lose the weight, that would be fine, but I've done many patients larger than you with great results as long as it was combined with liposuction. 

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon