5'3, 34-27-33, and would like to increase my hip size and buttocks to get too 34-24-37. Can I get there with a BBL? (photo)

I'm 5'3 and my measurements are currently 34-27-33. I have no hips, i would like to increase my hip size and add some size to my buttocks if possible. However my greatest concern is my hips. I would like to take off about 3 inches from my waist and add it to my hips so that i can be at least a 34-24-37 or more on the hips. I can take fat from my stomach/waist and my back. From the pics you can see that i am on the slim side. I am wondering if i am truly good for this procedure?

Good Candidate

+2

You are a good candidate for autologous fat transfer (Brazilian Buttock Lift).  You do have adequate fat storage in the abdomen and flanks to achieve this after sculpting is done in these areas using laser liposuction to tighten the skin.  The alternative of gluteal implants is a less attractive option for you as you do have adequate volume.

Candidacy for Brazilian Butt Lift will depend on many things

+2

Hi there-

Based on your photos, it looks like a Brazilian Butt Lift would be a reasonable option for you to consider. 

On the other hand, it is important for you to understand the difference between saying it is an option for you and saying I think it will achieve your goals.

The procedure will reliably improve the relative proportions of your waist, your hips, and your buttocks, but you should not expect the volume of the hip area to actually increase in the lateral dimension (your hip measurement will increase because of the increased projection of your buttocks, but your hips will not actually get noticeably wider).

Also, the degree of improvement possible in any individual patient will depend a lot on things that cannot be understood without an exam (quality of fat, not just quantity, skin type, etc). 

So your best bet is to find a skilled, experienced surgeon and visit for a consultation in person.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Brazilian butt lift in thin patients

+2

The Brazilian butt lift can be done in thin patients. Done this procedure several times in patients and gotten very good results. It's not always about how much fat you have to inject. Small amounts that can make a significant change in the shape. And the main reason why the procedure works in thin patients is the liposuction. If you make a narrow waist the buttocks will look better. The liposuction in my opinion is as important as a fat injection or maybe more important than the fat injection in making the hips look better. When I do a liposuction alone without the injection the hips and buttocks always look better. And I believe because liposuction is not a weight changing procedure when you take away storage areas for fat from the abdomen, waist and back of buttocks will get larger because the fat that would've gotten stored in the stomach has nowhere to go so it has to be stored in the buttocks. If you look at before-and-after photos of patients who have not had fat injection but just liposuction and sometimes even a tummy tuck the buttocks will look bigger and I don't think this is all the allusion caused by the waste being smaller.

Wendell Perry, MD

A Good Candidate for the Brazilian Butt Lift......?

+2

Looking at your pictures, it appears as though you are a good candidate for the Brazilian Butt Lift.  Of course you also have to be in good health and have realistic expectations.  Just about anyone who is a reasonable candidate for liposuction is also a reasonable candidate for the Brazilian Butt Lift.  If you have fat to be removed, then you have fat that can be put in your buttocks. 
In your case, the only concern I have is about your hopes for specific measurements.  It is unlikely that someone your size will lose 3 inches off your waistline or gain 3 inches on your hips and buttocks.  Unlikely, but not impossible.  I tell all of my patients, I can only work with the amount of fat you give me.  I remove as much fat as possible to give you as nice of a shape as possible.  That is the amount of fat you can have transferred to your buttocks.  Will this make a 3 inch change?  You will not know until it's done.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift Candidate

+2

As long as you are healthy, have realistic expectations of what can be achieved with the amount of available fat and what the recovery process would be like you may be a very good candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift (Fat Transfer to the Buttocks). 

From your photographs you appear to be sa very good candidate for the procedure.

Good Luck

Memphis, TN

Brazilian Butt Lift Candidate determination

+1

From the photos,  which are from a distance, it is hard to tell if you are a good candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift, but an exam by a well qualified board certified plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss outcome expectations.

Most patients don't realize that only about 20-25% of fat removed is suitable for fat transfer. Also, not all of the fat that is transferred not all survives. Realistic expectations are important for best out come and satisfied patients. For some patients, more than one fat transfer procedure is required to obtain the size they want because injecting too much fat at one time has diminishing returns as less fat survives than if less is injected. From your weight and height, you should have adequate fat for most desired goals.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Candidate for butt augmentation

+1

Augmenting the hip during a Brazilian butt lift is very possible. Now, you probably do not have enough fat, not only to sculpt the buttocks, but also the hip and the hip to the buttocks junction. Based on your pictures, I believe you are not a good candidate for this procedure. It seems you do not have enough fat, not only to augment the buttocks, but also the hips.

Wilberto Cortes, MD