Am I a good candidate for a tear trough correction procedure using Restylane? (Photo)

Am I a good candidate for a Tear Trough correction procedure using Restylane? I live in the New York City area and looking for a doctor to perform the procedure.
Here is a link to help you find a doctor in your area

Am I a good candidate for a tear trough correction procedure using Restylane?

+1
Restylane would be a great option for you, the results should last 8-12 months, if you’re wanting something more permanent you may want to consider a blepharoplasty 

+1
I would recommend an in-person consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Filler may not be of much benefit, and would only provide a temporary result. A board certified surgeon will:

1) Identify the exact cause of the issue
2) Determine whether you are a candidate for a permanent solution such as blepharoplasty.

I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck.  

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Evaluation

+1
I would suggest you see a few different surgeons to see if you are a candidate for this procedure.
Or I would recommend you discuss with a Board Certified Dermatologist with expertise with Restylane

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Eyelids

+1
I wouldn't recommend it and suggest you consider a blepharoplasty.  Fillers in this area are temporary solutions that can make things worse.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Restylane and Juvederm For Tear Troughs

+1
Restylane and Juvederm are options to improve tear trough depressions.  Both of these natural products can be used safely to improve the tear troughs.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Restylane for tear troughs

+1
Restylane would improve the tear trough area but will just camouflage the puffiness above.  Make certain you see an experienced cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  If you do not have the desired result, you may consider surgery.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Eyelid surgery, #cosmeticsurgery , #microfatgrafting , blepharoplasty, #fillers

+1
Dear NYCEYE

Thank you for your question!

Adding Restylane to the TEAR TROUGH area may help with the shape under your eyes. You may need surgery at some point to attain the best results!
With Warm Regards
Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Restylane anterior trough is camouflage and temporary, blepharoplasty is a permanent result

+1
Based on your photograph the depression beneath your lower eyelids is caused partly by the protrusion of fat against the lower eyelid.  Next

A permanent solution is a blepharoplasty to remove the fat.  Next

Restylane can camouflage this but is temporary and requires repeat injections.  The long-term effects of repeated needle injections into the delicate eyelid tissues is not known at this point in time

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Would restylane help these tear troughs?

+1
I think that a filler might take the edge off of the problem and do a little hiding of it but I do think that you would be much happier with a more permeant surgical procedure. The procedure is not difficult and the results should be satisfying. You might get some hollowing after surgery but that is easy to correct with fillers

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Lower eyelid blepharoplasty or fillers

+1
From the look of your pictures, especially the left eye, the puffiness is too much for filler only. Sometimes the filler can even make the lids look puffier!  A transconjunctival blepharoplasty would be your best option. I might change my mind after an examination but based on your photos it's what I would recommend. 

All the best. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon