Am I a Good Candidate for "Non Surgical" Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hello, I'm am a 19 year old guy with a large dorsal hump and I lack a prominent bridge. I was currently looking at rhinoplasty , but the price of it wants me to find a cheaper alternative. I've heard fillers might work well . Here are some pictures of my nose, keep in mind, when I smile, the hump seems like it gets larger and my nose hooks alittle down .

Based on your photos, you do not appear to be an optimal candidate for Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedures.

+2

Unfortunately, your dorsal hump appears to be too large to camouflage with fillers. When you're financially able, you may want to consult with several reputable rhinoplasty specialists to see what you might expect to achieve after well-performed rhinoplasty surgery.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Joseph

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Non-surgical Do Not Belong in the Same Sentence

+1

If anyone tells you that fillers in your nose will address a large dorsal hump and a ptotic, bulbous tension tip nose (as shown), I would encourage you to run in the other direction.  Fillers in the nose have a limited range of applicability, and this nose is well outside of that range.  Rhinoplasty is the one and only choice I would offer in this circumstance.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Using filler for large dorsal hump

+1

You can smooth out your dorsal hump with Radiess filler added to the radix, bridge and nasal tip. However, the bridge of your nose may be too high afterward. If you are seeking modest improvement and you don't mind a high bridge then it's reasonable to try it and decide for yourself. You may also benefit from Botox to reduce the drooping tip during smile.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Nonsurgical Nose Jobs Work Well For Treating Nasal Bumps, Humps, and Downturned Tips

+1

Of course, there is no substitute for an upfront and personal examination and palpation of the nose to determine the best course of action. But, there is no question that  nonsurgical nose jobs can work well for curved noses and downturned (or drooping) nasal tips.

I have been performing these procedures for more than eight years and have found nonsurgical nose jobs quite effective for lifting droopy nasal tips and straightening humps, bumps, and depressions along the bridge and top of the nose. From the before and after pictures of my patient shown in the side bar to this answer, I believe that it is clear that you indeed appear be a candidate for this kind of treatment. If necessary, to confirm this before proceeding, a small amount of salt solution can be injected as a test into the appropriate areas of the nose to confirm this.

Not uncommonly, simply injecting the appropriate volume to the bridge area to straighten it is also enough to give a secondary aesthetically satisfactory lift to the tip of the nose, as you can clearly see from the before and after photos. In this particular case, nothing at all was done to the tip (only to the bridge deformity), yet it appears more raised and natural.

In cases where sufficient secondary lift is not achieved by simply volumizing and straightening the bridge area, additional volumizing material can be added to the area of the base of the nose, with or without the addition of a neuromodulator, such as Dysport and Botox.. The latter work, not by a volume effect, but by weakening the small muscles in the area that exert a downward pull on the nasal tip: the result, an elevated nasal tip.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD