Am I a Good Candidate for Non Surgical Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I am considering non-surgical rhinoplasty in order to reduce/eliminate the appearance of the nasal hump (or maybe I just have a low nasal radix?) and possibly create the appearance of a more upturned tip. Am I a good candidate for this?

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Fillers could be used to mask your hump but this will give you a larger long nose with a hanging tip. You will get a much better proporional nse with a rhinoplasty. Fillers shoud be used for minor asymmetries and depressions.

Non-surgical rhinoplasty not a good solution

+1

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty is simply not a good idea.  A nonsurgical rhinoplasty is not going to lift the tip.  The radix is not low in this patient presented. In this case when the radix is high and is augmented, the patient will look more Greco-Roman.  Surgical rhinoplasty will give you the results you desire on a permanent basis. 

A computer imaging app can be downloaded from our website that you can use to morph your own photo. 

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your photo, a surgical rhinoplasty would be necessary to reduce the appearance of your nasal hump and best enhance your profile.  A radix graft with fine diced cartilage would work and can also help create a rotated tip.  I have seen many complications occur with non-surgical rhinoplasty, and do not perform the procedure.  These complications may include infection, necrosis (death of tissue which results in skin loss), and asymmetry.  Thank you and I hope this helps.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Non-surgical rhinoplasties are good for disguising some asymmetries and depressions by filling the areas. However, you have a dorsal hump above a relatively good tip. The only way to improve your nose is to reduce the hump, and that requires surgery. Save your money as you will not be happy with the results.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

A non-Surgical Rhinoplasty may improve your hump, but will not lift your tip.

+1

I reviewed your concerns and reviewed your photo:

The nasal-skin where your nose meets your forehead is loosely attached, and several treatments are typically necessary to fill that area and achieve a straight profile. Your droopy tip would not elevate with fillers, and your tip will only continue to droop with age.

Based on your concerns and your photo, you appear to be a better candidate for Rhinioplasty Surgery.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical nose job can camouflage the dorsal hump.

+1

Hi.

We use Radiesse injected right against the bone for this purpose. Rotating the tip upward can probably not be done effectively without surgery.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Non-surgical nose job

+1

If one jsut talks about the side view( profile), you have a dorsal hump and a tip that is not rotated upward.  Camouflage with filler along the radix may soften the bump but wil lgive a stronger profile.  Turning the tip up and reducing the hump to feminize the nose are best accomplished by rhinoplasty.

Determining Whether a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty is a Good Option

+1

Using filler to even out the nasal dorsum would be effective but would leave you with a very ethnic, Eastern Mediterranean appearance.  My suggestion is to find a plastic surgeon that will morph your photos to give you a better sense of the corrected appearance.  If you like the look, go ahead with the filler, if not then surgery is the better option.  

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for non-surgical nose job

+1

Fillers will work well for the radix area however your tip is under-projecting and points downward. Fillers will not lift the tip. So the final result may make the bridge of your nose look long. It's reversible if you don't like it.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Non surgical rhinoplasty will not hit the mark

+1

Your tip is slightly under projected and under rotated, and you have a nasal hump, not really a low radix. You can try a filler for fun if you wish to try a new look. A filler will not give a lasting result, nor the one you need.