Am I a good candidate for a non-surgical rhinoplasty? I had a prior rhinoplasty but wasn't thrilled about the outcome (Photo)

Since then, I suffered another minor break in my nose. The thing I dislike the most about my nose is my profile. I would like to create a more attractive slope. Also, I would like to improve my symmetry. I have had my upper lip injected with Juvederm and Restylane before. Although I was very pleased with the look, the results do not seem to last as long for me- I was told I may metabolize it faster than usual. Would I be a good candidate for non-surgical rhinoplasty? I live in Las Vegas.

Using restylane or voluma for nasal reshaping

+1
you can have restylane or voluma used for nasal reshaping. It is best to have this done by a good rhinoplasty surgeon familiar with the risks and the anatomy of the area.
Voluma can last up to 2 years in that area.
Best Wishes,
Dr Sajjadian

Possibilities with nonsurgical rhinoplasty to reshape the nose

+1
Restylane, like all the hyaluronic acid fillers (Juvederm, Belotero, Voluma) will always be broken down more quickly in areas with lots of movement, i.e. the lips, smile lines, etc.  On the bridge of the nose, Restylane consistently lasts 9-12 months.  If even longer augmentation is desired, Juvederm Voluma works very well and lasts up to 2 years.  

One thing to keep in mind is that while nonsurgical rhinoplasty can add volume - it can not take any away.

Based on your photos, the illusion of a greater "slope" could be created by adding additional refinement to the tip of your nose.  You have a slight depression between your nasal bones and middle vault which could be improved.  This procedure is not without risks, so it is important to find a nonsurgical rhinoplasty specialist if you choose to pursue this.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Non-surgical rhinoplasty after rhinoplasty

+1
Dear blondechels,

• A non-surgical rhinoplasty can last 9-12 months with Restylane or Perlane
  • The lips go quickly because they move all the time
  • A non-surgical rhinoplasty can improve your profile and make your nose look a little more narrow from the front
  • You should be warned that it will make your nose slightly bigger
  • If it is in good proportion, it should come out looking nicer
  • Use RealSelf to find a qualified doctor in your area

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Am I a good candidate for a non-surgical rhinoplasty? I had a prior rhinoplasty but wasn't thrilled about the outcome.

+1
Non-surgical rhinoplasty with injectable fillers can help with small defects or asymmetries over the nasal dorsum.  This treatment can be helpful in correcting small imperfections following a surgical rhinoplasty.  There are longer lasting injectables which can last up to two years (Vouma).  To determine if you are a candidate for this treatment, I would suggest you seek out a local board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in rhinoplasty procedures.  Best wishes, Dr Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon