Am I a Good Candidate for a Subfascial Breast Augmentation?

Hi, I wanted to know your opinion based on my picture. I am 5.12ft and weight 94.6 lbs. Do you think I am a good candidate for subfascial breast augmentation? I am a 32 A cup. Would a 230cc or 280cc give me a full B or small C cup? Thanks

Breast augmentation to correct small widely spaced breasts

+2

In my opinion you would be an excellent candidate for subfascial augmentation.  THe big challenge in your breast augmentation is that your breasts are quite widely spaced apart. This can be corrected with proper implant selection and execution of techinique.  subglandular placement would certainly fail and subpectoral or 'dual-plane' woould also contribute to the wideness making aesthetic success very difficult unless the origination of the pectoralis major muscle is completely released ( a bad idea).

Subfascial augmentation allows creation of an internally supported breast with freedom of position that will allow you to attain a more medially placed aesthetically sound breast if well executed.  There are many other advantages of subfascial placement and for this reason it is the technique I use almost exclusively.  My modification called 'cold-subfascial' utilizes only sharp dissection to allow complete retention of the powerful fascia to support the implant.

I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Web reference: http://www.rianmaercksmd.com/before-after-photos/Breast-Surgery/Subfascial-Breast-Augmentation/case137.html

Subfascial Breast Augmentation

+2

From the looks of your picture you seem to be a candidate for breast augmentation. Subfascial breast augmentation is the fascia of the pectoralis major muscle is a strong, fibrous, connective tissue layer between the breast tissue and the muscle itself. Subfascial implants are placed beneath the breast tissue and fascia of the pectoralis major but above the actual muscle tissue. While this is a rather new technique, some surgeons feel that this position may allow extra coverage of the implant, decrease implant visibility, and decrease “bottoming out” (i.e. unwanted descent of the inframammary fold and implant over time) while decreasing movement of the implants seen with subpectoral implants. I would recommend for you to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to be examined in person to determaine which approach is best for you.

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com

Good Candidate for Breast Implants

+2

From your photos, it looks like you are a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery. A good examination would be necessary to make the final assessment but I normally recommend the submuscular breast augmentation for the most natural look, feel and longest lasting results.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Fixing breast asymmetry

+2

I would think you are a good candidate for breast augmentation. Your posted photo was shot with your arms away from the body which can make the nipples look like they diverge out to the sides so it is impossible to say what size implant or surgical approach would be best. You need to know going into this that you have no cleavage now and the implants will not create it. I also suspect you have some asymmetry that will require skin procedures to correct and without them implants alone will magnify the asymmetry.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Subfascial breast augmentation

+2

Subfascial Breast augmentation has not been studied enough to give any definitive recommendations.  My guess is there is no difference between sub-glandular placement and subfascial placement.  I would strongly recommend considering a submuscular approach; it is better for mammograms, the breasts stay softer, and I believe you get a more natural result.  You appear to be slightly larger on the left, which can be corrected with different size implants and/or  a lift on the left side. The range you are considering should also give you the desired cup size.

Medford Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+2

One photo is not the best way to assess someone, but you do have asymmetry and may need a lift in the one side that is a bit low.  I am not a fan of subfascial implantation. I do not think it offers any more coverage than a subglandular approach. 

Breast augmentation

+2
You should have a submuscular augmentation with either differentially sized implants or a small lift on the left side. I would not expect perfect symmetry of the breasts given your prep condition. My concern above all would be to try to achieve proper proportion between the breasts.

+2

Thanks for photo. Yes you are  and the size is good. I would recommend a sub muscular placement with different implant sizes due to your asymmetry. Plus a possible donut lift. 

Subfascial Breast Augmentation

+2

Subfascial breast augmentation is one of those sophisticated sounding procedures that is just plain gimmicky! It offers no advantage whatsoever. Get other opinions! Only get your areolas reduced if you don't mind the additional scarring! Good luck!

Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

All pocket alternatives are available for you

+2

Hi there-

Any of the pocket options would be available to you, but in my opinion, your interests over the long term are best served by placement of the implant under the muscle, with a minor breast lift.

Find a good surgeon and trust them to do what has worked well for them in the past- if you shop for a procedure and costs you like and then try to find a surgeon to do what you think you want, you will not benefit from the years of experience and training we get and may compromise your safety and outcome. Don't put the cart before the horse...

Find a great surgeon- then worry about the how and the why.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com