Am I a Good Candidate for Septoplasty/rhinoplasty? (photo)

I'm 23 years old, healthy, nonsmoker. I feel like my nose is crooked and throwing off the general symmetry of my face. I also have noticed my right nostril seems to be working noticeably harder than the left, and I often get nosebleeds from that side. Do you think I could benefit from these procedures? I wouldn't want to go through the procedure unless if I'm just being overly critical. Thanks.

Decision to have rhinoplasty is the patients

+1

The choice to have rhinoplasty is a personal one and should be performed only if the patient is bothered by the preexisting look of the nose.  The rhinoplasty procedure involves narrowing and refining the tip and bridge, removal of any hump or convexity to the bridge, and straightening of the nostrils and nasal pyramid.  This is done as an outpatient procedure. The cosmetic component of surgery is paid for by the patient.  A deviated septum is only repaired if physiologic nasal obstruction is occurring on a consistent basis and the patient is unresponsive to medical therapy.  A septoplasty is billed to the patient’s medical insurance out of medical necessity.  Nosebleeds are a whole separate issue that can be cauterized in the clinic and is not usually a surgical related procedure.

Candidate for Septoplasty/rhinoplasty

+1

You may be a candidate for a septoplasty with a subtle rhinoplasty. An in person physical examination and consultation would be necessary to determine. Consult with 3 - 4 board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Am I a Good Candidate for Septoplasty/rhinoplasty?

+1

Thanks for the posted photos but an in person examination would serve you better. seek in person examination from a few boarded rhinoplasty surgeons in your area. Yes I believe a septorhinoplasty would help. 

Its up to you

+1

I work with three top modeling agencies and am used  to minimal changes and can usually please even the most picky. It is really up to you.I generally let the models talk me into what they want rather than vice versa.

Rhinoplasty can correct your concerns

+1

Rhinoplasty can correct your concerns.  Make appointments for consultations with multiple surgeons. Look at lots of before and after photos. Board certification by The American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, The American Board of Otolaryngology or The American Board of Plastic Surgery is preferred. Warmest regards.

Dr. Pippin

Metairie Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to straighten the nose and refinement of the tip.

+1

Rhinoplasty to straighten the nose and refinement of the tip would give you what you want. You must make sure however, you go to an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who will not overdo your nose!