Am I a good candidate for a septoplasty? Can I expect relief? (photo)

Hi, Been miserable past few months. My symptoms: nasal congestion (worst after night), headaches, fatigue and borderline sleep apnea. See CT scan. Did try Nasonex and saline irrigation for 3 months without success. Your opinion?

Septoplasty surgery

+2

Dear marcnhi,

• A septoplasty with reduction of the inferior turbinates would be a good procedure for you
  • An exam would be necessary to evaluate the entire nose to make sure you get the best procedure for your symptoms
  • If you have any allergies, this may be improved with surgery, but it is not guaranteed
  • You may still need to use Nasonex (which should work better once you relieve the obstruction) occasionally if you have allergies

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Today for septoplasty

+2

The CAT scan shows a very large bone spur on the posterior portion of the septum also known as a deviated nasal septum. This can cause nasal obstruction, headaches and hinder airflow through the nose which can disrupt your sleep patterns. The septoplasty procedure would involve removing this large bone spur.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.