Can a rhinoplasty make a significant difference to the balance of my face? I feel my nose is too wide and overpowering. (photo)

I would like to know if rhinoplasty can make a significant difference to the balance of my face. I feel that my nose overpowers the rest of my face due to the width but wanted to see whether you thought a nose with less width would be feasible.

Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty?

+1

Whether or not a rhinoplasty should be performed is a personal decision, and strictly up to the patient. In general, a rhinoplasty can create a nose that is in harmony with and complements your facial features. I would recommend an in-person consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she will be able to evaluate your nose in person and provide you with advice. Computer imaging software may be used to morph a photo of you, which will give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty?

+1

Bridge and tip refinement will bring greater balance to your face, and your goals seem reasonable. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, your nose is strong. Without a profile pic -it is difficult to evaluate, however -- the application of fundamental rhinoplasty techniques to your condition will give you a much needed and improved look.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD