I have a strong jawline. Will I look ugly with a small nose? I'm apprehensive about surgery. (Photo)

I have a strong jawline and ive heard that people with strong jawlines look ugly with small noses, please look at my pictures and advise. Im very apprehensive about doing the surgery

Is my nose ok?

+2

If you are apprehensive with getting surgery, your likely not emotionally ready to do anything. You appear to have nice shape to your nose but if there was anything, I would consider narrowing the bridge and dorsum and perhaps the tip. This would feminize your nose. Get a Vectra 3D imaging system analysis of your face with these things in mind. You should be convinced that you want to have something done before proceeding though. Overall, you have a pretty nose that is ethnically appropriate but, as I mentioned, might be more feminine with a little narrowing. I relate this more to your eyes and your mid-facial width. You do not have big jawline from your photos. I recommend that you don't rush to making a decision. Think about what it is that you want. Best of luck.  

Am I a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty

+2

Depend on you , if you feel some problem with your nose, do so, but without fear, if you feel fear is not candidate to surgery.

Spanish Translation Provided by Doctor:

Depende de usted, si tiene algun problema con su nariz, pida que la operen, pero no debe sentir miedo, si siente miedo no es buen candidato para cirugia.

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Candidate

+2

The decision of whether or not you're a rhinoplasty candidate depends on whether your surgeon can see and improve the areas of  your concern.  Your nose appears natural in the views you submitted.  A side view would be most helpful. Without a specific complaint from you about your nose, I would not suggest you do anything. You are right on for being apprehensive. Nose surgery will bring about a permanent change, and if not sure what you want, then do nothing for now. 

Good luck.

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty

+2

Your nose appears very natural. I would say from the photos you send that you don't need surgery. However, Profile photos and  a close up of the front would help.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose Thinner and Smaller

+1

The nasal width can be reduced and the tip can be made smaller.  That would be a nice change without being dramatic.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty surgery

+1

The nose does not necessarily have to be made smaller with a rhinoplasty. A very subtle change can be made. A good rhinoplasty surgeon takes the entire face into consideration, and will create a nose that is in harmony with your other facial features. I would recommend an in-person consultation with a board certified surgeon who uses computer imaging software. He/she will be able to morph a photo of you and give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. This will also serve as a fantastic communication tool. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Am I a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+1

To hard to recommend over the internet without in person examination. Seek a few in person consults. 

Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+1

Thank you for your pictures and questions regarding rhinoplasty. You haven't really stated any reason that you are unhappy with your current nose, and by your pictures it looks like you are a lovely young woman with very nice facial features and good balance and proportion to your face.  If you have specific concerns, please seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in rhinoplasty for a consultation.  They should be able to tell you if they believe your concerns are realistic and whether they can provide improvement. Personally, based on your photos, I wouldn't advise surgery. 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon