Am I a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Dislike the shape of my nose, i'd say it's quite bulbous and there's also a hump. I understand that thick skinned patients are limited to the amount of reduction that can be achieved but i am simply looking to achieve better harmony/balance with the rest of my face. I also have a deviated septum which i was also hoping to take care of. My nasal bones are wider than i would like them to be, would it be possible to thin them? Would these corrections be achievable with a closed rhinoplasty? Thanks

Rhinoplasty candidate

+1

A closed rhinoplasty technique is all that is required for this type of nose.   After the hump is removed, osteotomies will be performed to reduce the width of the bridge.  Tip cartilages will be sewn together and/or a portion will be removed to give create refinement in the tip area.  All of this is done through a closed rhinoplasty under general anesthesia.

Reduction rhinoplasty

+1

Looking at the fullness of your nose I would say open rhinoplasty is probably the best for you. There are many ways we can reduce the size and make your nose more symmetrical and better contoured to your face.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty

+1

A rhinoplasty will narrow your nose, including the bulbous tip, correct a deviated septum, and achieve better harmony/balance with the rest of your face. Pick surgeons based on their experience and the fact that they achieve natural results in patients with noses like yours, not because of the techniques they use.

Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your photos it appears that you would be a good candidate for surgery.  Either the open or closed technique would be OK

Am I a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+1

Yes a closed Rhinoplasty with removal of the dorsal hump, lateral osteotomies to thin the nasal bones and nasal tip thinning would seem appropriate based on the photos.  Be sure the Rhinoplasty Surgeon, you select, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose and face.

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your posted photos corroborate your findings of deviated septum and dorsal hump. It is unclear from the photo if it is a C or S-shaped deviation of the septum. The septum and hump can be done via a closed rhinoplasty approach. Depending on the amount and type of tip work you want that maybe better and more reliably done via an open rhinoplasty. Although the hump removal will likely be large enough to require closure of the open roof with an infracture you should be careful/conservative with respect to narrowing the bridge as overdoing this can feminize  the appearance of your nose.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Rhinoplasty for the wide nose with a bulbous tip and hump.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip and hump with narrowing of the nasal bones can be done and give you a good result. Your goals are realistic. Choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best result.

Candidate for Rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your photos and concerns it appears that you would be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. I agree the nasal dorsum should be reduced along with the nasal tip.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastychicago.com