Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty? Which rhinoplastic procedures would you recommend? (Photo)

My nose is over projected, but also broad/bulbous at the end, as well as pointy. It is also sort of pushed up, but I don't think you can tell from any of the photos. It looks totally different from multiple angles. All feedback is much appreciated. Thank you!

Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty? Which rhinoplastic procedures would you recommend?

+1
Unfortunately, the photos are quite blurry and don't show enough angles to make a detailed evaluation.  There are many different techniques used to address specific cosmetic concerns of the nose.  I truly believe that you are best served by seeing a plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation.  In my opinion, a rhinoplasty is one of the most challenging surgeries.  Find a surgeon that routinely performs rhinoplasties as part of his or her practice.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Considering Rhinoplasty

+1
Dear Inertia, thank you for your question.Rhinoplasty is a popular procedure that can dramatically change one's appearance. Consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who can perform computer imaging to show you what may be possible. Before and after photos are a good way to evaluate your surgeon.Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
The tip can be refined and deprojected through a closed rhinoplasty approach without a visible scar to produce a natural result.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip and overly projecting nose

+1
It is very difficult to tell from the photographs presented  what is going on with your nose. The bulbous tip is best addressed with tip suturing techniques to the lower lateral cartilages, and sometimes a conservative cartilage removal. The overly projecting nose is de-projected with a combination of tip surgery and reduction of the projecting dorsal  septum. Once any dorsal hump has been removed, medial and lateral osteotomies are required to close the open roof deformity. The reason your nose looks different from  many different angles is that it is probably asymmetrical, so that is also a goal in mind when performing rhinoplasty is to make the nose symmetrical.

+1
This is very personal decision for you. If you desire a more denied appearing nose than yes a full rhinoplasty is indicated. Best to seek only IN PERSON opinions... 

Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty?

+1
Following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla,California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty?

+1
While it is very difficult to give advice or opinions about a rhinoplasty for you (based on these photos), yes reducing a bulbous tip is an option.  Full face photos with front and side view would be helpful, or see a rhinoplasty surgeon in person and discuss your concerns.

Rhinoplasty Candidate

+1
Thank you for the question and your photos. Rhinoplasty is a technichally challenging operation with nearly infinite possibilities of maneuvers and techniques. Most people have some slight asymmetry or aesthetic issue with their nose, and therefore could be a candidate for nose reshaping. That said, it's all about specifics -- what areas are you looking to address? What are your aesthetic goals? How is your breathing? Etc. This process requires review of standardized photos as well as an in-person exam.  During your consultation, computer imaging programs can be very helpful in the discussion between you and your surgeon.  Best of luck moving forward!

#San Francisco Rhinoplasty

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidacy for rhinoplasty cannot be determine from online photos

+1
Hi Inertia87!
This is a common question on this forum.  The short answer is, we cannot tell from a few partial-face photographs.  In fact, full-face photographs are not enough, without a personal consultation and physical examination.  A good rhinoplasty surgeon would examine your nasal structure, the physical characteristics of your nose, as well as talk to you about your specific desires and take your health history. Only then can your candidacy for a rhinoplasty be determined.
Dr. Most

Sam Most, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Am I A Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty?

+1
Dear Inertia87,

You may be a good candidate for nose reshaping surgery if you dislike the shape and proportion of your nose.

Unfortunately, it is very difficult to give you an assessment in an online forum, particularly from non-standardized photos.

Please see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for an evaluation and to discuss your concerns.

Warmest wishes,
Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD