Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty to reduce bulbous tip and add filler to flat mid-face? (photos)

I have an overt ski-slope nose naturally and a bulbous tip that my family lovingly refers to as "hut-nose". I feel that my face is extremely asymmetrical and I could benefit from cosmetic enhancement. I also have no cheekbones what so ever, I hate how flat my cheeks are and how droopy and old I look. I also really hate my profile, my cheeks are completely non-existent and I hate how flat and shapeless my whole face looks. Does this sound too far out of reach?

+1
You obviously have done some homework and I congratulate you on that.  Judging from the good photos you have sent, it seems your bulbous tip can be somewhat reduced, depending on the thickness of your skin which is something that can only be determined with a physical examination.  But to augment your midface with fillers is not reasonable.  There are silicone implants for this purpose if you do not want to undergo an extensive maxillary advancement procedure.  Please make sure to consult with an experienced Board-Certified plastic surgeon with experience in this specific area.

Rhinoplasty and cheek implants

+1
The rhinoplasty procedure can help improve the ski slope by adding a cartilage graft along the bridge line just above the tip. It is also possible to de-rotate the tip somewhat as well. The bulbous tip is addressed with suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages and sometimes a conservative cartilage removal as well. For many examples, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo Gallery
 For a permanent augmentation to the cheeks, we perform cheek implants. Fillers are only temporary and have a variable absorption rate. Cheek implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes which is best determined at the time of the consultation and examination. The asymmetry that exists can be adjusted by  differential placement of the implants and shaving one down to match the opposite side anatomy.

Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty to reduce bulbous tip and add filler to flat mid-face?

+1
Tip refinement can be done in closed fashion so that you do not have any visible scars. The cheeks can be improved with filler as you have suggested.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

Rhinoplasty and flat mid face

+1
You may be a good candidate for facial filler and tip work to improve the appearance of your bulbous tip. Good luck in moving forward.

+1
Yes, you are a perfect candidate for a rhinoplasty or tipplasty to reduce and refine the tip of your nose.  I would suggest fillers to sculpt your cheek area, as you are fairly flat in that area.  These 2 procedures would give you a soft, feminine look without changing much!

Rhinoplasty and fillers

+1
You are a good candidate for rhinoplasty with bulbous tip reduction and dorsal augmentation. I would recommend fat transfer to augment your midface. This would provide your facial features with more harmony and refinement.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and cheek assymetry

+1
The ski slope nose can be improved with dorsal augmentation using cartilage. The bulbous tip can also be refined using proper surgical technique. You would probably benefit from a septoplasty at the same time. I've done cases where we simultaneously augment the cheek with implants or with filler or facial fat grafting. All are very good options.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and cheek implants for "flat face", bulbous tip, etc.

+1
Rhinoplasty and cheek implants for "flat face", bulbous tip, etc. will give your face better balance. Your nose should be done by a VERY experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon. The reason is you have a short nose and do NOZt need it shorter which can happen when your surgeon refined your tip. You also need grafts for the mid potion of your nose. 

Nose / cheek / chin balance is important

+1
Your assessment of your face is right on the point.  You need nasal tip plasty and Cheek filler.  It will work well for you.

Vasdev Rai, MD