Am I a Good Candidate for These Rhinoplasty Procedures? (photo)

I would like to get cosmetic surgery to reduce my dorsal hump and possible Radix reduction. Would I be a good candidate for these procedures? Would I require additional refinements other than what I mentioned? Is closed Rhinoplasty an option? I am unhappy with the bump, and height of my nose. It is also very wide and causes difficulties when I want to wear glasses.

Reduction Rhinoplasty with no skin incisions

+2

As in your case, I prefer to do hump and radix reduction rhinoplasty with minimal/no tip refinement using a closed technique. You are a good candidate for this procedure since the bridge of your nose is already wide.   Therefore,  you won't need additional grafting to maintain the width after narrowing that occurs from making controlled cuts through the nasal bones (osteotomies).

Bakersfield Facial Plastic Surgeon

High radix and dorsal hump removal rhinoplasty

+2

The pictures do show a very high  radix, and a dorsal hump which can be addressed through closed rhinoplasty.   Look for a surgeon has performed thousands  of Closed rhinoplasty procedures with experience in hump and radix removal. Virtual rhinoplasty software is also available on our website for free to give you an idea  of what  your new  radix and dorsum would look like.

Rhinoplasty

+2

I think that you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty and should be seen in person to have a proper evaluation.

Radix Reduction

+2

Radix reduction can be a difficult task but you are a definite candidate. Reducing the hump and narrowing the nasal bones will likely achieve what you are looking for. You have definitely analyzed your nose very well. Please make sure to print out these photographs and when you meet your surgeon point out to him/her in great detail as to what changes you want.

Regards

Dr. J

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is Rhinoplasty surgery right for me?

+2

Based on the provided pictures alone, it appears that you would be a good candidate for rhinoplasty surgery. It does appear that you have a dorsal hump and a radix that would benefit from a reduction in height. Usually when a dorsal hump and radix are both reduced, in-fracturing of the nasal bones is also necessary to decrease the width of the nasal bones and upper 2/3 of the nose. This will also take care of the open roof deformity that often results from a hump reduction. These maneuvers will usually, in turn, lead to work that may or may not need to be done to the bottom third of the nose. Rhinoplasty surgery is a very specialized type of surgery and it is important that you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon that has plenty of experience with this procedure. 

Michael A. Epstein, MD

Best Candidate for Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi Gamer Girl,

The best candidates for rhinoplasty are individuals who are unhappy with the appearance of their nose,  have given it thought over time, and have realistic expectations of what can be accomplished with their nose.  In your case it appears that your dorsal hump can be reduced, your nasal bones narrowed, and the remainder of your nose sculpted to be in harmony with your face.  It is said that "A rhinoplasty is seen through the eyes" which means that your nose should not be the main focus of your face, your eyes should be what others notice first.  A successful rhinoplasty should accomplish this for you.  It is possible to achieve your goals with a closed approach.  Most importantly, take the time to choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Rhinoplasty for the hump and drooping tip.

+2

A rhinoplasty for removal of your hump and drooping tip along with narrowing your nose can be done. You are a good candidate for this procedure but it must be done in such a way is to create a natural nose choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for this procedure.

Am I a Good Candidate for These Rhinoplasty Procedures?

+2

Yes you do appear to be a good candidate for rhinoplasty. Modification of your dorsum and radix can be performed by an endonasal or closed approach. The extra width in your nose can also be addressed as well as what appears to be a right-ward deviation of your nose. The most important factor is whether your surgeon is comfortable with endonasal rhinoplasty. You can discuss the possibilities during your consultation. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Questions about being a good candidate for a rhinoplasty

+2

You are certainly a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.  Only your surgeon will be able to tell you if the changes you desire can be accomplished by an open vs. closed rhinoplasty.  You would benefit from a lowering of the nasal dorsum, elevation of the nasal tip and refinement of the nasal tip.  Computer imaging is a great tool to assist the surgeon and patient when it comes to understanding your goals and expectations.  

Closed rhinoplasty is always an option

+2

There is no reason a surgeon experienced in closed rhinoplasty could not complete your hump reduction and reduce the radix, and even refine and balance the tip if you are firm in your interest in a closed approach. A bit of searching should help you find the best practice for you.