Am I a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty, I'm Only 16?

i need to know if i am a good candidate for rhinoplasty, im only sixteen so obvisouly im going to have to wait till ive finished growing. Its the out of proportion,assymetric tip that bothers me most, but also i have a bump in the middle which bothers me. email me for a picture as i dont like putting pictures up for everyone to see. thanks for your time.

Can a 16 year old have rhinoplasty?

+1
In most cases, rhinoplasty should be delayed until the facial skeleton has matured. This is typically in the mid to late teens. For girls, cosmetic rhinoplasty should be delayed until at least 14-16 years old. For boys, facial skeletal growth is usually complete between 16-18 years old. When rhinoplasty is performed after this stage, it is unlikely that the changes from surgery will detrimentally effect facial skeleton development.

What is of equal importance to the physical maturity of the face is the emotional maturity of the patient. When considering cosmetic surgery, it is important to do it for the right motivations-doing it for yourself to look good and feel more confident about your appearance. Additionally, it is important to have realistic expectations about the type of result that can be achieved following rhinoplasty surgery; an improvement in the appearance of the nose, improved balance and harmony between the nose and your facial features, and a timeless result-a result that will look good both right now and in the future as you get older.

If the appearance of your nose is bothering you, you would benefit from consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss what option might be best for you. You should spend a lot of time researching to find the right rhinoplasty surgeon for you.

Rhinoplasty

+1

You are correct to wait until you are fully developed. If you are a female usually be 16 or 17 guys a bit older like 18 or so.  

Rhinoplasty

+1

It would very important for you to have an in-person consultation with your parent or legal guardian. Without seeing pictures, I would not be able to state if you would be a good candidate for rhinoplasty surgery. Surgery needs to be taken seriously. Please understand the risks before moving forward. A detailed surgeons office will be able to answer all of your questions that you have. They will also be able to morph pictures with you so that you are able to physically see your desired goals.
Good luck to you!

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the young girl.

+1

Rhinoplasty can improve the appearance of the nose, but I would need to see photos of you to give you proper advice.