I feel that my nose is very masculine & it is still over projecting. Am I a Good Candidate for Revision Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty 1o months ago, and I feel that my nose is still very masculine and it is still over projecting. Would you please give your professional opinion?

Candidate fo revision rhinoplasty

+1

A revision rhinoplasty can be entertained as long as 1 year has passed from the prior surgery.  Deprojection of the tip and removing any residual hump is addressed in a revision surgery.  Occasionally, cartilaginous augmentation of the glabella may need to be performed in patients with a shallow bridge line.  This is all performed under general anesthesia as an outpatient procedure.

Using fillers for non-surgical rhinoplasty is often great for revision rhinoplasty

+1

Looking at your nasal profile, it looks like the middle portion, the cartilaginous portion is higher than the bony portion.  This is causing a contour irregularity.  You have two options:

1. Surgical revision to lower this cartilaginous middle portion.
  2. Add fillers above and below the bump

Adding fillers may sound like the exact opposite of what you are trying to do but patients are frequently pleasantly surprised to find that adding fillers can improve the appearance of the nose.  This is because it's not the size of the nose that matters, but the shape and proportions.

A helpful activity is to try a test salt-water injection and see if it helps.  It's also helpful to find someone with a lot of experience with non-surgical rhinoplasty.

Good luck in your search for information!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

If not happy, consider a revision rhinoplasty.

+1

10 months after a rhinoplasty, you should have a pretty good idea how the nose is shaping up.  The textbook standard answer is don't do anything for 12 months, so now might be a good time to communicate to your surgeon. From your photo, it appears your nose still has a slight fullness on the bridge. This can certainly be sculpted further to achieve a more pleasing contour. Making your nose a bit shorter would also help, but I'd need to see other views of you to determine what other items might be addressed in order to make your nose look a bit more feminine, in a natural way. 

Randolph Capone, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty to feminize the nose

+1

There are a number of elements that make your nose appear masculine. It is not just the bump and overprotecting tip. As a patient, you can easily tell when the nose looks good, but an artistic and skilled surgeon needs to be able to break down all the elements of nasal anatomy to define what constitutes nasal beauty. In your particular case, most likely you could be ready for revision surgery. A thorough examination by an experienced surgeon will give you a good idea what type of a results you should expect.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Am I a good candidate for revision rhinoplasty?

+1

Hello, in reviewing your posted photo I would say that a revision is in order in your case. Being that you are 10 months post op I would schedule a consultation with your surgeon to address your options. Good luck to you.

David Alessi, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty Candidate

+1

Your nose can be softened and refined as you suggest. Other pictures would be helpful in determining what can be done to make you nose more proportional to your surrounding facial features. Go to my website for advice on taking photos for a rhinoplasty evaluation.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Yes you still have a hump, probably it is the nasal septum and upper lateral cartilage prominence. You can shave the hump and get a feminized nose or fill the depression in the supertip area