Am I a Good Candidate for Restylane in the Tear Trough? Please Help; I'm Scheduled for the Procedure. (photo)

I'm 26, I've always had hollow under eyes, but now that I'm forming puffiness (or fat/water -- not sure which it is), it's SO much worse. Especially when I smile. I've read so many horror stories on here and am terrified, but it's come down to pure desperation, so I scheduled an appointment. From my pictures do I look like a good candidate?? Any advice on what I should do before going in would be helpful too!

Am I a Good Candidate for Restylane in the Tear Trough? Please Help; I'm Scheduled for the Procedure.

+2

You do appear to be a good candidate for undereye/ tear trough fillers based on that photos you've posted. I recommend seeking a highly experienced plastic surgeon or dermatologist injector as this is an advanced injection area which is more challenging than the typical line/ fold injection area. I hope this information is helpful.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane for the tear trough

+2

number one: you appear to be a very good candidate given your anatomy and age.

Number two:  first thing to understand about restylane is that it is reversible. Most of the "horror stories" that you heard about probably are patients who had significant bruising or swelling after the injection which most likely subsided over a few days. Some patients react more vigorously to the injections than others. If it's put in strategically and delicately you should do well.

I'm surgeon I love to do surgery and I would say that surgery may be a little premature for you. Filler and the form of Restylane should work well in experienced hands.

Health and risk-wise your risks are limited but you should be aware that you are going to spend around $600 for treatment that could last 8 to 24 months and likely will need to be repeated. Also, you may need a little bit of volume in the cheek area below your eye bags and tear trough.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fller injection for the face

+1

Filler can be used to improve the appearance of puffiness under the eyes.

You are a good candidate.

Please make sure you consult with someone who is an experienced injector and has a great reputation.

Hope this was helpful.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Restylane and tear troughs

+1

Yes, you are a good candidate for Restylane (or another dermal filler) to help with the issues you've presented. Be sure to have a consult with a reputable and well-trained injector, and maybe just schedule a consult first to ensure your comfortable with the provider before diving right in to treatment.

Sam Naficy, MD

Restylane for tear troughs

+1

Please consult an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon to assess if Restylane would be appropriate for you.  The tear trough area can be tricky to inject but patients are very happy with the results.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

+1

Restylane to the tear troughs will be a good option in you.  If you have bruising following the injection, just be patient for a couple of weeks.  The product can be dissolved if you do not like it.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Basic response is worth a try. But you need to understand that the fillers ONLY camouflage the fat in the lower lid compartments and the depression of the tear trough. 

Best Treatment for Hollows Under the Eyes

+1

Hi Pretty Girl,

You are a candidate for having Restylane very carefully placed in the hollows beneath your eyes.  The most important aspect of your treatment is choosing your injecting physician most carefully for filler in this most delicate and unforgiving area.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Restylane for the tear trough

+1

It appears you would be a candidate for filler in the tear trough. I like to use Restylane in this area, as it yields a fantastic result when the injections are performed properly by a skilled specialist. I would recommend a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, facial plastic surgeon, or dermatologist. They are all great choices. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Restylane for tear troughs

+1

I think that you would be an excellent candidate for Restylane in this area. You will get some filling which will fill depression but will also get improvement from having less shadowing after filler is placed

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist